Free Member
May 15, 2016
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Self build
Exp
Since 2000
Hi all. I'm new here ( and to forums ) so thought I would say hi before picking everyone's brains. Right here goes..... I'm about to embark on converting a 7.5 ton daf lf 45 box lorry into a very nice motorhome. It is going to be high end ( hopefully) and finished to a very high standard as I have a high maintenance other half who will only come with me if it's built to a good standard. My 3 kids and two dogs are not as fussy lol. Any way I have quite good knowledge and skills ( I hope ) and currently build deep sea fishing boats to a good standard and many years ago I use to build campers and for a large company. Now what I would like are some opinions on heating/hot water. I have read some forums about alde and truma and others but they are coming in at about £2000 ish and as I have lots of room ( about 25ft I thought I would ask what people thought ? If I need to then I will fit the Alde wet system but would rather not spend that much money on this part of the build so if any of you have any experience with larger motorhomes and heating them please speak now. Thank you in advance.
Luke

D

Deleted member 36503

Deleted User
Hi all. I'm new here ( and to forums ) so thought I would say hi before picking everyone's brains.
Thank you in advance.
Luke

Mornin Luke, why not pop over to us on the www.diymotorhome.co.uk forum, we are all self builders over there, it is FREE to join and there are several members who have undertaken their own conversions on large box type trucks like yours.

I hope to see you there and will be keeping an eye out for your arrival.

All the best

Phil

Oct 18, 2014
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer B598 PL
Exp
Since 2013
Hi & welcome to Motorhome'fun', the friendliest & most informative forum

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Hi and welcome (y) I think you will find your £2k is a conservative estimate for the Alde :) You can get Truma combi's starting from 1350 ish but you would need the larger 4 one or even a 6 series for a 7.5 t -Once you make your mind up give me a shout I have a mate with Alde system that he may sell-also a fridge freezer -good luck on your build any q's just ask ;)
terry

OP
OP
L

Lucasboat

Free Member
May 15, 2016
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Self build
Exp
Since 2000
Thanks I will come and join later today.
So you think something like the alde system is the way forward then ? I was hoping for a cheaper option. I'm not overly familiar with any of these systems. Our the propex systems any good ? Are there cheaper equivalents that are good ? And what sort of price would your friend be looking at ? Oh and is it a large fridge freezer as I want one of the bigger ones ? Thanks Luke

Jan 10, 2013
Near Uttoxeter and Crete
Funster No
MH
Warwick XL PVC
Exp
Still trucking and learning
We've had both Truma blown air and Alde - would never go back to blown air now. IMHO Alde is most definately the best.
Oh, and
welcome animated smiley.gif

OP
OP
L

Lucasboat

Free Member
May 15, 2016
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Self build
Exp
Since 2000
Thanks , I seem to new getting the impression that alde is the best so looks like I'm getting alde lol

D

Deleted member 36503

Deleted User
Thanks I will come and join later today.
Thanks Luke
Luke I am so very pleased to see you enjoying www.diymotorhome.co.uk so very much, yet another one to discover what a truly brilliant forum it is with so many helpful ideas being shared by like minded people.

All the best

Phil

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back