Staying in Ullswater in what I'd class as an ideal CL (1 Viewer)

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
decided at short notice to head away for the weekend to Ullswater, we are staying at Bennet Head CL just outside Pooley Bridge. The site has water and bins and nothing else apart from views and lovely little lambs running around.
If you want a shower you can get one at the farm about 200 yards down the road, if you fancy a meal or a pint then it's about 10 min walk.

The best part of all is the price £6 a night.

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Aug 09 to date 9,000 miles!
It's very basic just the way we like it, it's about 1/2 a mile from the quiet site.

What's half a mile away - I presume 'the quiet site' is the CL ? Or do you mean the CL is half a mile from somewhere else?

Bit confused here! LOL

OP
OP
lorger

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
What's half a mile away - I presume 'the quiet site' is the CL ? Or do you mean the CL is half a mile from somewhere else?

Bit confused here! LOL

When Alan and Loren said they will try that one meaning the CL I was telling them it's very basic and 1/2 a mile from the quiet site. I'm confused how you got confused :)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
That is what CL & CS's used to be about now days most have put mains in and charge £15-£20 a night they have lost the plot.

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Well it's 'the quiet site' I don't understand the meaning of then! Is it something you and Allan & L are keeping quiet about?

OP
OP
lorger

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Well it's 'the quiet site' I don't understand the meaning of then! Is it something you and Allan & L are keeping quiet about?
Lol no not keeping Quiet about it just I was answering their post and last week they mentioned the Quiet site on here so when they said they'd try this CL I thought it would help them know where it was.

OP
OP
lorger

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Lovely day walking to Glenridding and now sitting having a BBQ and Kola cube flavoured Cider, life's tough.
image.jpeg

Photo from this morning of CL as I said basic but ideal
image.jpeg

image.jpeg

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Does look nice, sort of place we usually like - but unfortunately I have difficulty walking very far at all these days.

Kool Kroozer

Free Member
Apr 19, 2014
Cannock Staffordshire
Funster No
MH
Low Profile Hobby Premium
Exp
Always learning
Have been doing a search looking for this place "Bennet Head" and cant find anything listed anywhere :( You have the address Lorger ?

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
Have been doing a search looking for this place "Bennet Head" and cant find anything listed anywhere :( You have the address Lorger ?
http://www.caravanclub.co.uk/uk-hol...il/?Id=26052&siteName=Bennet+Head&facilities=

Address
  • J C LIGHTBURN AND SONS
    Bennet Head
    Watermillock
    Penrith
    CA11 0LT
Please contact the CL direct to book
  • Telephone: 01768 486386
Certificated Locations are for the exclusive use of Caravan Club members, please quote your membership number when making your booking and show your membership card on arrival.

OP
OP
lorger

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp

That's it Scotjimland has posted, if you like basic then this is the place for you and it's actually cheaper to stay the night here than park in any of the areas car parks for 4 hours.
Farmer is the most laid back you'll find told us just park up and if everything is ok stick money through door when leaving. Will defiantly be back.

@sedge if you walk to the pub about 10mins you can catch a bus to Penrith one way or Windemere the other.

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
10 minutes - probably half a mile-ish then? The 10/11 minute walk round the 'square' by us now takes me nearly 25 minutes and I'm in agony and tears at the end of that - plus of course I've had to stop several times for several minutes on the way round. There is only one place (someone's front garden wall where I can sit on the way round) and it's too far to make it in one go. Each time I start up again, the next distance gets shorter.

When I say I really can't walk far - afraid it's literal. And OK I'd get a good rest on the bus - but then of course, I expect you want me to walk again! - well I'd want to even if you don't. But I just can't any more.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back