Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
There are plenty of programs that claim to convert PDF to Excel, here is one of them https://www.pdftoexcelonline.com/en/

You could try experimenting with cut and paste, this might work better if you save the PDF file to HTML document but not quite sure.

?

Deleted User
Open your document and click file then chose save as other. Chose doc or docx depending on your office. I have never used this so if crap blame Adobe (y)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

magicsurfbus

Free Member
Oct 11, 2010
NW England
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1997
Highlight and copy from the .pdf document, then Paste Special to Excel with Values Only selected? If it works you won't get any formulae, just text and numbers.

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
@Notakwak he wants Excel not Word.

@ShiftZZ As Jim says there are lot of programs and online sites that claim to do it. They all seem to have varying degrees of success. A lot depends on the content of the file. If it's something fairly basic like a table you should be able to do it but the more complex the file the harder it will be. It will also depend on how the pdf file was created. If it was done properly and all the data was retained you will have more of a chance but a lot of the time when crap software is used to create the pdf then it ends up as little more than a screenshot.

If you get stuck email it to me and I'll have a go with Acrobat but even that doesn't give 100% success.

OP
OP
ShiftZZ

ShiftZZ

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2008
Dark Side of the Moon
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2007
@Notakwak he wants Excel not Word.

@ShiftZZ As Jim says there are lot of programs and online sites that claim to do it. They all seem to have varying degrees of success. A lot depends on the content of the file. If it's something fairly basic like a table you should be able to do it but the more complex the file the harder it will be. It will also depend on how the pdf file was created. If it was done properly and all the data was retained you will have more of a chance but a lot of the time when crap software is used to create the pdf then it ends up as little more than a screenshot.

If you get stuck email it to me and I'll have a go with Acrobat but even that doesn't give 100% success.

I have tried most stuff, it would appear that certain parts of the Civil Service publish stuff in PDF manking it imossible to do any calculations or sorting on what was a spreadsheet saved as a pdf file... Simple and annoying

Last edited:

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
I have ABBYY PDF Transformer which I obtained bundled in with ABBYY Finereader 11. I normally only use it to convert text/wp documents but it is supposed to convert to Excel as well. If you get stuck send me a copy by e-mail and I'll see what I can do.

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
I have tried most stuff, it would appear that certain parts of the Civil Service publush stuff in PDF manking it imossible to do any calculations or sorting on what was a spreadsheet saved as a pdf file... Simple and annoying
The usual reason for using PDF is to deter mischief makers from altering figures/text and re-publishing as if it was the original document. It was more effective in the days before the likes of the software being discussed of course.

Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
If this is something you need to do quite a bit of it might be worth learning pandoc.
http://pandoc.org/

I write my stuff in markdown and use pandoc to automatically rewrite to html, wiki and pdf formats in one shot.

Very powerful tool, but not something you can just pick up and use in minutes.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back