LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
  • Me too Jim. The only dogs that have ever gone for me .... apart from two legged ones ... have not been of a particular breed.
It is the owners of vicious dogs that need muzzling. Idiot.

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
I was only ever bitten once by a dog. My aunts Pug, so I consider Pugs to be dangerous, so why are they not on the list ?.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Jim

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
The nastiest dog I ever knew, and I've met a few. Was a Red Setter! The second was a Dachshund, it would rip you apart if you went near it when it was eating.

Staffies can be one of the best pets ever. I've owned GSD's all my life. Its not so much the muzzle requirements, they can make whatever rules they like. It's the condescending comments of the know-nothing politician that irked me, but then I suppose that's nothing new :)

Gorse Hill

Free Member
Feb 2, 2013
Stretford
Funster No
MH
Burnster Ixeo IT 734
Exp
I'd love to muzzle this guy.

Why?
All those dogs if they got a grip of a kid would most probably kill them
Little terriers etc might give you a bite but extremely unlikely to do major damage so I agree with the guy what makes people think they are ideal house pets
I accept that owners in nearly all cases are to blame, however you can't trust a human so what makes you think dogs can be trusted especially dogs that can and have killed

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
The worst one I met was a corgi , then a mongrel, then a Yorkshireman. .:) only kidding

Well, not about the corgi and the mongrel.:(

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
Why?
Little terriers etc might give you a bite but extremely unlikely to do major damage so I agree with the guy what makes people think they are ideal house pets
I accept that owners in nearly all cases are to blame, however you can't trust a human so what makes you think dogs can be trusted especially dogs that can and have killed
Well, Agree with a bit of what you say as bigger dogs give a bigger bite, but what about Great Danes, St Bernards, Salukis, large crossbreeds, etc., etc....... you get the point. The issue with this is the ignorance and narrow minded attitude of the man himself

OP
OP
Jim

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Why?

To take your argument further, your words but I've substituted a few :doh:

All those cars if they hit a kid would most probably kill them
Bicycles etc might not hurt as much and extremely unlikely to do major damage so I agree with the guy what makes people think cars make good transport

I accept that car owners in nearly all cases are to blame, however you can't trust a human so what makes you think cars can be trusted especially cars that can and have killed

Gorse Hill

Free Member
Feb 2, 2013
Stretford
Funster No
MH
Burnster Ixeo IT 734
Exp
I was only ever bitten once by a dog. My aunts Pug, so I consider Pugs to be dangerous, so why are they not on the list ?.
A pug, what with its gums snowbird :LOL:, we have a Frenchie similar who also have little fartie teeth, now get a bite of any above and you will know about it
It's a bit like guns if I shot you with an air rifle it would hurt, if I shot you with a Smith & Wesson .44 Magnum your probably dead but still both firearms(y)

Gorse Hill

Free Member
Feb 2, 2013
Stretford
Funster No
MH
Burnster Ixeo IT 734
Exp
Read the post above yours, it says why.
Really, Not seen any deaths from both the dogs you mention, but seen plenty of kids/adults killed by the others

Gorse Hill

Free Member
Feb 2, 2013
Stretford
Funster No
MH
Burnster Ixeo IT 734
Exp
To take your argument further, your words but I've substituted a few :doh:

All those cars if they hit a kid would most probably kill them
Bicycles etc might not hurt as much and extremely unlikely to do major damage so I agree with the guy what makes people think cars make good transport

I accept that car owners in nearly all cases are to blame, however you can't trust a human so what makes you think cars can be trusted especially cars that can and have killed
Talk about moving goalposts, there in another field now
First cars are not a living thing so they can't think for themselves, unlike a dog that's off a lead that's why they can't be trusted
Not a very good analogy Jim, :doh:

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
My Dad used to have a cat called Jaws.

Horrible little sod he was.

Reactions: Jim
Aug 21, 2015
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Autocruise starblazer
Exp
since 2015
Alan Tobin needs muzzling, silly man!
It's not the 'breed' but the owner that determines a Dogs temperament. For years had Dobermans. They were the softest daftest pair of dogs and great with children. We bred the female. I thought I'd vetted the buyers well and asked should they change their mind that I would take the dogs back. A year and half one came back. He came back called Satan, wearing a big stud collar, had been kept shut up and the owners couldn't understand his bad behaviour. It took me a good couple of years of hard work to 'normalise' him again. I would never breed dogs again knowing that they may end up with irresponsible owners.

OP
OP
Jim

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
We're still looking for a GSD pup. Looked at a couple of local litters recently but nothing took my fancy. Looking at another litter next week :)

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
A pug, what with its gums snowbird :LOL:, we have a Frenchie similar who also have little fartie teeth, now get a bite of any above and you will know about it
It's a bit like guns if I shot you with an air rifle it would hurt, if I shot you with a Smith & Wesson .44 Magnum your probably dead but still both firearms(y)

What....The thing had teeth like a piranha. Not only did the little s**t grab my finger, it wouldn't let go. Having had working Lurchers, Staffies, Jack Russells and Border terriers for most of my life I consider myself well versed in dog behaviour, but that thing just took me by surprise. No warning whatsoever. It must be 30 years ago now and I still have the scars, mentally and physically. In fairness, it was perhaps a little off balance and required a small piece of lead inserting in one ear :sneaky:.

May 31, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Ducato PVC
Exp
Getting Better
My son was bitten by a border collie last week, puncture wounds on his upper arm and are now infected taking antibiotics and had some jabs...
He was walking past a fenced house down the road from him and the dog jumped up at the fence and got him.

Owners sitting in the garden and not bothered... Cops went round to have a word and their not doing much either...

He had to take the day of work to go to doc's and also to buy pads and cleaning stuff.... So a days wages and a ruined top and no ones bothered ....:unsure:(n)

MattR

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2013
Beds
Funster No
MH
Panel van
Exp
Years
Why?

Slightly different circumstances but your comment reminded me of this:

http://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/...killed-tragic-attack-by-terrier-in-sunderland

MattR

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2013
Beds
Funster No
MH
Panel van
Exp
Years
My son was bitten by a border collie last week, puncture wounds on his upper arm and are now infected taking antibiotics and had some jabs...
He was walking past a fenced house down the road from him and the dog jumped up at the fence and got him.

Owners sitting in the garden and not bothered... Cops went round to have a word and their not doing much either...

He had to take the day of work to go to doc's and also to buy pads and cleaning stuff.... So a days wages and a ruined top and no ones bothered ....:unsure:(n)

I think that you could sue for damages and lost earnings.

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
WARNING - German Shepherds are EXTREMELY dangerous

Especially when cooking in the kitchen!
IMG_0196.JPG

Or when fishing with young children
imageedit_2_5923207018.jpg

OP
OP
Jim

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
I think that you could sue for damages and lost earnings.

I wouldn't hesitate to take further action. In a situation like this the owner is likely to be in no doubt of the danger and did nothing to prevent it happening.

Gorse Hill

Free Member
Feb 2, 2013
Stretford
Funster No
MH
Burnster Ixeo IT 734
Exp
What....The thing had teeth like a piranha. Not only did the little s**t grab my finger, it wouldn't let go. Having had working Lurchers, Staffies, Jack Russells and Border terriers for most of my life I consider myself well versed in dog behaviour, but that thing just took me by surprise. No warning whatsoever. It must be 30 years ago now and I still have the scars, mentally and physically. In fairness, it was perhaps a little off balance and required a small piece of lead inserting in one ear :sneaky:.
Come on snowbird a big man like yourself against a little poxy dog like a pug, only one winner just grab it's town halls
I thought you were tougher than that in Liverpool ;)

Last edited:
Oct 14, 2013
Bedfordshire
Funster No
MH
rollerteam zefiro
Exp
10 + years
Bullmastiffs !!!!!! Well i have owned and bred Bullmastiffs for nearly 30 years, Dangerous? aggressive???
In all those years I have never even had so much as a growl out of mine..people who bought my puppies sent me updates and photos over the years of the dogs and sent me flowers and thank you cards and actually thanked me for breeding such calm healthy Bullmastiffs with such wonderful temperaments. It is usually the ignorant owners that cause dangerous dogs. I always strictly vetted each potential puppy buyer before I sold them a puppy and actually have turned people away who were not suitable..The Japanese Tosa is actually a banned breed in this country.

Silvia

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back