Another grey water dribbler - Carthargo (1 Viewer)

Spanishsteve

Free Member
Oct 18, 2014
Eastbourne
Funster No
MH
Hymer 578
Exp
whilst taking my dog for a walk tonight in Banstead, Surrey, I had a Carthargo MH LJ14 ???, drive past then pull into a bus stop. After about a minute it then slowly pulled out back into the road, just behind the rear offside tyres I saw a stream of water pouring out from a pipe, it then accelerated away with water still pouring out leaving a stream of white suds on top. I have seen this specific MH parked up on Epsom Downs on a regular basis.
My thoughts were that if your going to dispose of your grey water on a main road then at least be subtle about it.

Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
Tut Tut a very bad dribler running his sopey water on the road.
Why he dident just open his valve full open
:rofl:
Dusent seem to be a gray water monster smily
Bill

PeteH

Free Member
Nov 22, 2007
East Riding of Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido, 999M.
Exp
18+yrs plus 25+Towing
They dont care!. The greasy residue is nearly as dangerous for Motorcycles, as Diesel. Why not do it in a lay-by into the Drain cover at least. Or better still PAY the CCC £5 and do a proper dump an fill!.

BTW. If you have "It`s" full number. I believe it is an offence to discharge waste material onto the highway?.

Pete

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Poohbear

Free Member
May 18, 2015
Worcester
Funster No
MH
Swift Lifestlye 644
Exp
June 2015
So he can afford 100K for a Carthago but he can't afford to go to a proper place to discharge his waste. I dread to think where he empties his black waste!

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
What do you expect with a Carthago, have you seen their silly little waste pipes can't get it out in one go so they have to dribble.:LOL:

Scout

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 4, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
chic c line
Exp
12 years motorhoming, a lifetime of living
Id have thought a posh m/h like a Carthage would have an in cab electric operated release seloniod for the waist water, so of like a low key James Bond type button

baddies chasing me WAIST WATER EJECK.....

mercianman

Free Member
Mar 4, 2016
Newport Pagnell
Funster No
MH
Swift Escape 696
Exp
Perhaps it was like one of the motorhomes we hired - so badly made that it didn't make any difference whether the tap was on or off . It had one setting - dribble.

Poohbear

Free Member
May 18, 2015
Worcester
Funster No
MH
Swift Lifestlye 644
Exp
June 2015
Id have thought a posh m/h like a Carthage would have an in cab electric operated release seloniod for the waist water, so of like a low key James Bond type button

baddies chasing me WAIST WATER EJECK.....

Yes, wouldn't want to get their hands dirty :)

Nov 11, 2013
Tewkesbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL 668
Exp
March 2014
Ey up, I've just ordered a Carthago and I'm not posh! I don't have kids to leave anything to and the Building Society's paying just this side of bugger all interest so I thought why not. I hope it hasn't got a dribbly waste pipe as I hate (Bailey?) them.

Oct 30, 2010
Suffolk or France or ........
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago Chic
Exp
Since 2008
No dribbles in this Carthago...............although at my age it could become a problem. :(
Waste valve is under the floor near the back and once fully opened the water fairly gushes out.
If the navigator was feeling brave she could go back while I drive and open the valve just as that motor cycle cop was about to overtake. :LOL:

Richard.

My Dog Likes Fishing

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 16, 2012
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678
Exp
Hang on while I look at my watch
Maybe he was letting the soapy water drip out to splash all over his A frame to clean it off. Or maybe he had just jettisoned his black waste and was trying to clean that off.

Nov 11, 2013
Tewkesbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL 668
Exp
March 2014
It was a Bailey that we were given by the hire company - how did you know? Are they famously dribbly? :LOL:
20 minutes to empty our previous Bailey's tank. Real PITA stuff when you have a queue behind you at the service point. Matched only by how slow they are to fill up as well......

Reactions: f6c
Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
I ride a bike drive a motor home and dribble all the time God a nead to get my prostate fixed
Bill

ceejayt

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 12, 2015
Stamford Bridge - Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
RS Elysian A Class
Exp
Since 2004
They dont care!. The greasy residue is nearly as dangerous for Motorcycles, as Diesel. Why not do it in a lay-by into the Drain cover at least. Or better still PAY the CCC £5 and do a proper dump an fill!.

BTW. If you have "It`s" full number. I believe it is an offence to discharge waste material onto the highway?.

Pete
I have used the C and CC facility three times at two different places in the last three weeks and each time they have declined to take any money even though I offered. Very pleased.

Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
Ey up, I've just ordered a Carthago and I'm not posh! I don't have kids to leave anything to and the Building Society's paying just this side of bugger all interest so I thought why not. I hope it hasn't got a dribbly waste pipe as I hate (Bailey?) them.

As you get older your waste pipe will dribble :whistle:;)

Hellski

Free Member
Mar 28, 2016
Cheltenham
Funster No
MH
N+B Arto 76 LE
Exp
I have used the C and CC facility three times at two different places in the last three weeks and each time they have declined to take any money even though I offered. Very pleased.

Apologies, newbie alert.....

Are you required to be a member to use this facility or can you just turn up and pay? Is it only C&CC that offer this or does the CC also?

In regards to camping where facilities aren't available, what do the majority of folks do to empty their grey water safely?

Oct 18, 2014
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer B598 PL
Exp
Since 2013
Impressed!
Are you a C&CC member?

Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
Apologies, newbie alert.....

Are you required to be a member to use this facility or can you just turn up and pay? Is it only C&CC that offer this or does the CC also?

In regards to camping where facilities aren't available, what do the majority of folks do to empty their grey water safely?
If no dran near by I usually water a hedge row with it its not toxic waste just soppy water.
And my black wast I use public toilets if Ther I sent that facility take spade poor in to hole and cover up we have a trog so we don't use cemicals
Nature will do the rest you can make motor homing as complicated or simple as you want just do what you feal is right
Bill

Oct 5, 2012
Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Carado T132
Exp
5 years, feel free to ask me about the Carado!!
So he can afford 100K for a Carthago but he can't afford to go to a proper place to discharge his waste. I dread to think where he empties his black waste!
Well yes...I have noticed that some of the huge expensive MH owners towing a mini etc are the people least likely to honestly pay for an aire or will camp free on an aire for weeks on end. You know the old saying ' you don't get rich by writing cheques' that's why ;)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back