Best website listing German campsites? (1 Viewer)

Apr 9, 2013
Ayr
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
We're off next week to Norway via Germany, Denmark and Sweden. No fixed plans other than visiting a couple of transporter bridges in the north of Germany and spending a couple of days in Copenhagen.

Our first "continental tour" other than trips to France and beginning to realise that wild camping probably isn't an option in Germany so we are now thinking about booking some sites.

Anyone got any recommended books/apps/websites for motorhomers in Germany (and Scandinavia)?

Tim

jollyrodger

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2012
Devon/Cornwall
Funster No
MH
'Obby
Exp
Since 1968'ish
D/L the app campercontact depending on what you want its s handy tool

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

magicsurfbus

Free Member
Oct 11, 2010
NW England
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1997

Easyliving

Free Member
Dec 4, 2012
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2011
website shows videos of a lot of stellplatz in Germany, we have found it very useful.

Photo is of the stellplatz at Sasbachwalden in the Black Forest, very nice town.

Sasbachwalden.JPG

Paul

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
The 'best' website is Campercontact which can be used free online, or you can pay for the App which has downloadable maps to use offline.

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
For Scandinavia we used the book Nordic camping . Found the book to be great and some of the places we stayed are were stunning and would never have been found without book.

We stayed at a couple of Marinas and even a small airport.

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
The 'best' website is Campercontact which can be used free online, or you can pay for the App which has downloadable maps to use offline.
Not much cop online only has a limited number of Aires/Sites, found that out when we were in Spain recently stayed at several Aires that were on the app but not listed online.

For Germany Boardatas or Promobil, Promobil is a free app.

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
Not much cop online only has a limited number of Aires/Sites, found that out when we were in Spain recently stayed at several Aires that were on the app but not listed online.

For Germany Boardatas or Promobil, Promobil is a free app.
That's strange
I just checked and the App shows 879 sites in Spain - exactly the same qty as the website, which doesn't surprise me as the are probably driven by the same database.

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
That's strange
I just checked and the App shows 879 sites in Spain - exactly the same qty as the website, which doesn't surprise me as the are probably driven by the same database.
Just checked in the last few minutes on one I remembered it is in the app but not on the website, confirms what I said.

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User

Just tried using the number.
Comes up online if you type in the number, not a lot of use if looking for somewhere to stop as it doesn't show up on the map on the website but does on the map in the app.

Works for me on the desktop version (on my iPhone)
Very strange

image.png

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Think it might be bad website design I'm using Firefox, just tried in IE doesn't show any pushpins at all on the map.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back