Endless Breeze fan cheaper in France or Belgium? (1 Viewer)

Feb 19, 2015
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout 2013
Exp
Since 2016
I'm pretty sure we need one of these but before parting with £82 on the motorcaravanning website I thought I'd check whether we might get a cheaper one at Bricomarche in France or somewhere similar in Belgium? Got a good deal on the Karcher window vacuum there.
Does anyone know?

Apr 13, 2012
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta Euroyacht
Exp
1996, then break 'til 2011

Unless you can get someone to bring you one from the US, where they retail for about $60, you would find it hard to get one here for less than £81

......still good value if you think about Dyson's Pure Cool at £300 !!......... and it's 12v

(y)

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
I bought one second hand from a forum member..

and while I think it's a good fan.. IMO it is vastly overpriced ..

Techno

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jul 28, 2010
Leeds the one up North
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7090F 3 litre 160
Exp
May 2010
I bought one second hand from a forum member..

and while I think it's a good fan.. IMO it is vastly overpriced ..
Yes but that is only because of shipping from USA and profit mark ups.
As said its available around 60 dollars

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Is there a better fan? Only ever want to buy one!
Depends how you define better. It is pretty quiet, moves a lot of air when required and is very compact compared to desk fans of the same fan size.

You won't need to sit sweating somewhere hot very long to come to the conclusion the high price is acceptable!

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
Yes but that is only because of shipping from USA and profit mark ups.
As said its available around 60 dollars

yes indeed..

£40 in the US.. £80 in the UK ..

Shipping costs.
Import duty.
VAT.

I'm researching this quite a bit at the moment as there's a product I think would sell extremely well here but as present is only available to order from the States which makes the price a killer.

I've been looking at a unit price I could pay in order to sell the product at the £ equivalent of it's US retail price and I almost don't want to go back to the manufacturer in case he thinks I'm taking the pi$$.

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
Just for info the guy that imports these fans into the UK is based down the road from me. That's the fantasticvent.co.uk one

He doesn't do it full time and has another full time job so if you do contact them be patient for a reply.

Last edited by a moderator:
Feb 17, 2009
Cheltenham
Funster No
MH
AS Broadway FB
Exp
Since 2006
I ordered mine from the states through Amazon.com. Can't remember what I paid but just tried it again and it works out at £73 including shipping.

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
I ordered mine from the states through Amazon.com. Can't remember what I paid but just tried it again and it works out at £73 including shipping.

Have you actually got it yet?

If not you might well get a nice letter from whoever's going to deliver it in this country advising you of how much Customs want from you in order for them to release it.

Apr 13, 2012
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta Euroyacht
Exp
1996, then break 'til 2011
If not you might well get a nice letter from whoever's going to deliver it in this country advising you of how much Customs want from you in order for them to release it.

Years ago I sold an item on ebay to someone in the US for about £100, they said it was broken but didn't want a replacement, wanted a refund (?) - in otherwords they just changed their minds.

I had to pay return postage and when it arrived I was asked to pay about £30 in import duty - I figured that if it was broken it was not worth taking the parcel just to have a look, so I refused delivery - enough money wasted

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
Years ago I sold an item on ebay to someone in the US for about £100, they said it was broken but didn't want a replacement, wanted a refund (?) - in otherwords they just changed their minds.

I had to pay return postage and when it arrived I was asked to pay about £30 in import duty - I figured that if it was broken it was not worth taking the parcel just to have a look, so I refused delivery - enough money wasted

My best one was a few years ago when I bought a T shirt from there.

When it arrived the customs charges plus the "admin fee" charged by the courier amounted to more than the cost of the item.

Feb 17, 2009
Cheltenham
Funster No
MH
AS Broadway FB
Exp
Since 2006

I bought it last summer. Just checked the invoice on Amazon. The total was £72 which included an additional order of a 12volt extension lead. The £72 included import fees of £10.60, shipping and handling was £8.60.

The £10.60 charge is worded as "Import Fees Deposit"

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
I bought it last summer. Just checked the invoice on Amazon. The total was £72 which included an additional order of a 12volt extension lead. The £72 included import fees of £10.60, shipping and handling was £8.60.

The £10.60 charge is worded as "Import Fees Deposit"

I was wondering whether Amazon would have something in place to cover it.

Be careful if you ever order anything directly from a merchant or from somewhere like eBay. If they just send it via a normal shipping method then it gets held at UK customs where they will charge you whatever they feel like and the UK courier will add an "admin fee" for collecting the payment.

OP
OP
Jac Sprat
Feb 19, 2015
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout 2013
Exp
Since 2016
We'll for £1.98 more it's worth it to pick up from my local Argos as we are heading off on the road very soon and I don't want to risk it not arriving in time.

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
We'll for £1.98 more it's worth it to pick up from my local Argos as we are heading off on the road very soon and I don't want to risk it not arriving in time.
Not sure you can get a matching dog at Argos, but they do make great hot dog coolers if you have your own dog already. We also used it against his cage while travelling, as shown in one of the Argos pictures. :)

Bertie.jpg

Dec 4, 2014
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Been around the block a few times😉
Not sure you can get a matching dog at Argos, but they do make great hot dog coolers if you have your own dog already. We also used it against his cage while travelling, as shown in one of the Argos pictures. :)

View attachment 105067

Bought our fan after you posted this photo @DBK a couple of years ago got it from
one of the traders on here (Star Spangled Banner) I think it cost about £62 posted.

Reactions: DBK

ebikejohn

Free Member
Dec 11, 2015
Hereford
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Since 2006
Good bit of kit, wish it was hot enough to use it at the moment, bought mine from the UK distributor because I sympathise with him, it's a niche market product so he probably doesn't import enough to get low freight costs and he probably pays more UK tax than Amazon.
I like the idea of having a UK distributor, I could possibly have saved £10 or £15 by importing it but is it worth the risk or messing about?

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back