Level adjusting beds. An idea? (1 Viewer)

Nov 11, 2013
Tewkesbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL 668
Exp
March 2014
Every time we pitch up on site we go through the same rigmarole of trying to get the van as level as possible, shoving ramps under the wheels and using a spirit level just so we can get a good nights sleep. I don't know about everyone else but we don't mind if our boules roll about in the van or stuff in the fridge wobbles as long as we can sleep on horizontal beds without sliding towards the headboard or rolling out of bed during the night, which made me think, has anyone thought about a method for levelling the beds themselves?

It could be as simple as having a "floating" bed frame that could have chocks of some kind inserted in the required positions, or maybe more sophisticated to include little hydraulic rams to lift each corner just a little to straighten things out. I'm sure the collective brains of MF could come up with a working system, and I would be happy to donate all my royalties to the Forum for the greater good. Is it a goer or am I being Mr Thicky?

Abacist

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 15, 2013
Devon
Funster No
MH
N & B Tag Axle
Exp
since 2013
Levelling the van is also about getting the fridge level so it works properly!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Sep 26, 2013
Market Rasen
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2003
When pitched up in Spain I did adjust the rear air suspension to make the bed level, we were parked up for 5 months though and we have a fixed bed across the back.

Jan 8, 2013
Dronfield - Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Burstner Lyseo 690G
Exp
Happy FLT since 2011
stock-photo--piles-of-wood-372197986.jpg

Sorry!!!!

We have a fixed bed in the rear and as long as my head is higher than my feet I don't have any problem with the van being any thing like level.
What sort of bed/van is it?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
View attachment 104988

Sorry!!!!

We have a fixed bed in the rear and as long as my head is higher than my feet I don't have any problem with the van being any thing like level.
What sort of bed/van is it?
Same here and our frigde isn't too fussy either, shower drains whatever has it has two drains diagonly placed.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back