Spanish speed camera for seat belt and mobile phone. (1 Viewer)

Freespirit1

Free Member
Sep 3, 2013
West Wales
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Short while after a gap of many years.
This link tells you all you need to know about Spanish speed cameras and the new one for seat belt and mobile phone use.

GREAT!! - lets hope we get em over here too!!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Interesting that the article mentioned that the French are trialing cameras at stop signs. Although there aren't many stop signs these days could be easy to get caught out, how many of use at a stop sign if the road is clear we crawl across very slowly but don't actually stop.

Cleve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 27, 2015
France
Funster No
MH
Hymer 654
My memory could be playing tricks, but I think when I was in the States you were supposed to stop for 4 seconds at a Stop sign - though the way my brain is going it could have been somewhere else.:Eeek:

roamingman

Banned
Mar 14, 2014
Angus
Funster No
MH
Coach build
Exp
2012, tents, caravan. 1990
In Morocco the police watch stop sign but you don't see them till too late they then pull you over around the next bend and you have to pay a fine.

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
My memory could be playing tricks, but I think when I was in the States you were supposed to stop for 4 seconds at a Stop sign - though the way my brain is going it could have been somewhere else.:Eeek:
Same here. stop for 4 seconds at sign.

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
the new one for seat belt and mobile phone use.
Nothing more than a high speed, high resolution speed camera taking 50 frames per second rather than one picture.......it still needs to take a picture of the offender which means EVERY passing vehicle has to be pictured and that aint going to happen, it will only trigger if the speed limit is broken.

What it will do is nail anyone speeding AND using a mobile or not wearing a belt with a second, and presumably higher, fine after the photos are manually scrutinised.

bryandh

Free Member
Jan 17, 2011
Malaga, Spain
Funster No
MH
A Class. FFB Tabbert 570
Exp
Since 2010
In Morocco the police watch stop sign but you don't see them till too late they then pull you over around the next bend and you have to pay a fine.

How very true!!

Had to smile when I read this post, brought back a memorable moment in Morocco 2013 >>>>>>>>>>>>

On emerging from a side street a policeman stepped out and indicated I should pull over and after a very smart salute he ask for “licence and car documents” then immediately changed his mind and asked for licence only. Having browsed the licence and mumbling into his lapel microphone he then asked if I knew why I had been stopped. When I replied that I did not, and complimenting his amazing command of English and asking if it resulted from a University (what a crawler I can be at times) he replied “NO” and informed me that I had not halted at a STOP sign coming out of the side street, the fine for which was 700Dh (about £55)........ payable to him NOW!

“I do not have 700Dh” I replied. Long pause “Mmmmm, well” he said, while tugging at my seat belt “In that case we will make the offence not wearing seat belt...... this is only 300Dh fine!”
“But” I replied “we are only pensioners on a trip to your wonderful country (more crawling) and I do not have 300Dh and need to go to bank” Another long pause “OK, I LIKE you, so you can pay only 200Dh (about £15)” An amount I quickly whipped from my pocket and paid him.

He smiled a brilliant smile, saluted smartly, gave a nod of his head and walked off....... no receipt, no notice of offence, nothing!

Well, having made a contribution to what I believed to be his family income, and not having found the supermarket I decided to get something for this “donation” and followed him over to the very corner where the offence occurred and asked him for directions, which he charmingly provided. I then turned to return to the van and was confronted by the very sign and turning to him said “but it is in Arabic!”.......... “Of course he replied, this IS Morocco, Sir!!!!”

Great trip

Bryan

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
i actually have the arabic written stop sign in my garden . you dont need to read it the stop sign is special as its aoctagonal sign the only one in transport sign language world wide . .i cant write the arabic but it looks like a childs drawing of a small boat with three diamonds above it .
i got it as my neighbour got stopped and fined i was going to make a table out of it for him but he got annoyed . hee hee .i just leave it where he can see it every day, ha ha .

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
Broken Link Removed
remember this sign . they do regularly stop and fine tourists for not stopping .

Oct 7, 2013
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Swift Escape Compact
Exp
Since 1988
@Lenny HB

In France, a few years ago, I approached a stop sign where there was a clear view of the road in both directions. With nothing coming in either direction I slowed down to almost, but not quite, stopped, and crossed the line. I was then flagged down by French Police.

They read me the riot act telling me,"Monsieur, in my country Stop means stop".

Expecting an on the spot fine I apologised and he said that he saw me slow down and almost stop. He then let me go with just a warning but, since then I always stop at the sign.

The expression "stop means stop" has become part of our family folklore.

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
@Lenny HB

In France, a few years ago, I approached a stop sign where there was a clear view of the road in both directions. With nothing coming in either direction I slowed down to almost, but not quite, stopped, and crossed the line. I was then flagged down by French Police.

Expecting an on the spot fine I apologised and he said that he saw me slow down and almost stop. He then let me go with just a warning but, since then I always stop at the sign.

Swedes are like that too, driving in a remote part of Sweden probably not another car for 50 miles I crept across a stop sign and my Swedish friend shouts at me you must stop at a stop sign.:)

Feb 28, 2015
Rothwell Northants
Funster No
MH
Class C
Exp
Since 2014
@Lenny HB

You were lucky, round here people not stopping at stop signs is a nice little earner for the gendarmes at €90 a time. Also 3 points off your French licence

John & Joan

Free Member
Mar 30, 2010
Darlington
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
10 years this time
I reported last year they were trialling cameras in Norfolk that detected a mobile phone signal to trigger them. They could then see who was using the phone (driver or passenger). This would also show if seat belts were being worn.

Freespirit1

Free Member
Sep 3, 2013
West Wales
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Short while after a gap of many years.
Bugger, I'm left hand drive!

Still, I'm unlikely to be doing either of the offences anyway.

Good to hear - shame there aren't more drivers around like you - I've had my share of penalty points and am no saint but those committing offences of "No seat belts and using mobile phones" SHOULD be caught in any country and prosecuted!!

makems

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 23, 2011
Ingleby Barwick,,Teesside
Funster No
MH
Sadly had to give up
Exp
2010-2017
I think i have posted this before....
When we lived in the US My office was very close to the local police and fire stations. One day Gwen dropped me off at the the office in our minivan and then set off to do some shopping (for a change).
As she pulled out onto the main road there was a stop sign but as there was absolutely no traffice she very slowly pulled out into the road without quite stopping. She failed to notice a traffic cop sat on his motorbike on the opposite side of the road who immediately set off after her with his blue lights flashing and siren wailing.
Gwen pulled over and stopped and started to do what most of us would do if we were stopped in the UK - she leaned over to the passenger seat for her handbag and started looking for her driving license. She then did the next thing we normally do which is to get out of the car and walk towards the police officer.
Meanwhile, Chips has spotted her looking in her handbag and Assumes she is looking for a gun, so he draws his pistol and starts creeping alng the side of the minivan. He gets to the drivers door just as Gwen opens it and gets clobbered on the head for his trouble knocking him over. His gun went clattering into the road and he lay on the ground looking very silly.
He wasnt very pleased to say the least and Gwen was lucky to get away with just a ticket.
"Stop means Stop" we both say when we approach one of those signs and always have a chuckle.

Badknee

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 25, 2014
notloB
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Living the dream.
It's the same in Canada, it was explained to me that everyone stops and they do. At a three/four way junction whoever gets there first has right of way. So you reach the junction and stop a second later and another vehicle stops and so on. They all stay stopped till I move off whichever way I'm going then take it in turn, it really works well. Mind you in the big cities it's carry on as normal and they all drive like tw**s :LOL::LOL::LOL:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back