For those who upload dash cam footage onto their profile (1 Viewer)

Jul 31, 2014
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
EuraMobil Activa 820HS
Exp
I've a question for those of you out there who post footage onto their preferred choice of site or blog for others to view and follow - @KeithChesterfield is an expert at it from viewing his Youtube channel, - do you upload your footage at your earliest opportunity and if so, does this mean you take your laptop with you?
or do you save your footage somehow, to avoid over recording, and then upload on your return?

I've just viewed my last trip out and unfortunately, the arrival route and site have been recorded over on the loop record.
I've got the journey home if anyone would be interested in that?!

Reactions: DBK

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
I've a question for those of you out there who post footage onto their preferred choice of site or blog for others to view and follow - @KeithChesterfield is an expert at it from viewing his Youtube channel, - do you upload your footage at your earliest opportunity and if so, does this mean you take your laptop with you?
or do you save your footage somehow, to avoid over recording, and then upload on your return?

I've just viewed my last trip out and unfortunately, the arrival route and site have been recorded over on the loop record.
I've got the journey home if anyone would be interested in that?!
I guess you would need to change the sd card if you didn't want to faff about editing while away. But then of course some folk don't edit their videos....:)

Jul 13, 2008
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
Since 2007
Some dash cams you can do something to save a certain portion of the recorded footage, incase you have an accident and need to save the evidence.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 30, 2010
Suffolk or France or ........
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago Chic
Exp
Since 2008
I remove the SD card when we get to our destination if I want to upload footage of the approach to an aire or site.
Put card into laptop and copy the files for the last few km into a new folder. Once I've copied the files I want the SD can go back into the camera to be recorded over.
They stay on the laptop until I get time to edit them, add titles, wipes, photos and GPS details. Upload takes hours with our slow broadband so they get sorted and uploaded when we are at home, usually a pleasant project for winter months.

I have a stack of them from our last trip to Spain and Portugal to edit but they might not see YouTube until later in the year.

Richard.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back