Jul 28, 2008
Wiltshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Ducato Sportivo
Exp
Since 2005! 2000+ nights so far...
Hi

We have a mixer tap in our bathroom for the shower. A single lever type which I believe isn't thermostatic - simply a mixer.

Of recent, if we get the temperature right, then turn off the tap, then turn it back on again the water varies between very hot and very cold making taking a shower a bit of a challenge. It never used to do this so not sure what is causing it.

We did fit a trigger shower head so thought it may be due to this being "off" allowing the "on" tap to push hot up the cold pipe and vice versa, but leaving the trigger "on" and just using the tap on/off and its still bad (though not as bad as with trigger head).

Could using the trigger head have forced water the wrong way through the tap and broken something?

Or any other ideas?

System is pressure-switch type and the tap may be a Whale Elite shower mixer tap

Thanks

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
We did fit a trigger shower head so thought it may be due to this being "off" allowing the "on" tap to push hot up the cold pipe and vice versa
Thanks

Sounds a very good analysis to me.

Problem is hot goes via boiler, cold direct so if not free flowing at the mixer I guess there is a lot of scope for the cold to block the hot.

Easy test, unscrew the new head - or the whole pipe if it came with a new pipe that might be smaller internally.

OP
OP
activecampers
Jul 28, 2008
Wiltshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Ducato Sportivo
Exp
Since 2005! 2000+ nights so far...
Cheers Brian

Its just a new head. And just leaving the head "fully on" still has the same issue. I don't have the old head as it was virtually broken and its at home (I'm in Millau at moment!)

The kitchen mixer is fine....

Will test without head later.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Hi it is just a case of adjusting the shower-- cold pressure is taking over -- turn on hot fully then very slowly the cold (not much) once you have the right temperature mark the position and remember for next time :thumb:
terry

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back