Mifi thingy not working (1 Viewer)

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Anyone know how to get this thing working it works at home on 3 but this is all I get in france.
Thanks for any help
IMG_20160504_194739572_HDR.jpg

Oct 15, 2011
Not Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Carthago chic eline
Exp
Since 2011
Have you enabled roaming?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Mar 11, 2014
Lincs
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
Since 2010
If it's a '3' sim then you can use either 'Free' or 'Bouygues' as their partners in France.

We manually selected Bouygues as we could never get a signal on Free and that's what it always defaulted to automatically.

OP
OP
chaser
Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
If it's a '3' sim then you can use either 'Free' or 'Bouygues' as their partners in France.

We manually selected Bouygues as we could never get a signal on Free and that's what it always defaulted to automatically.
Don't know how, this phone is on 3 and free and is working fine

Mar 11, 2014
Lincs
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
Since 2010
Just read on 3 site that their devices aren't automatically set up for roaming abroad to stop you incurring charges

This is copied from their instructions on how to set it up.

Your Mobile Wi-Fi isn't set up to automatically connect to the internet while roaming abroad, to prevent you from incurring unexpected data usage and charges.

Although you can roam abroad in one of our Feel At Home destinations at no extra cost, there may be occasions when you are near a border or in an unsupported location which doesn't support Feel At Home.

If you change your settings to automatically connect to the internet, you might connect to another network and incur additional roaming charges in these circumstances.

We don't recommend that you make this change, but if you would like to do so, please follow the steps below:

1. Go to the homepage then click on Connection settings.
    • If you have a Huawei device, open up a new internet browser and type 192.168.1.1 into the address bar, then press enter.
    • If you have a ZTE device (excluding Windows 8, 8.1), open up a new internet browser and type 192.168.0.1 into the address bar, then press enter.
  2. Enter the password: admin
  3. Enable the Data Roaming option.
    • If you have a ZTE device on Windows 8 or 8.1, click on Settings Charm > Network > Mobile Broadband connection > Activate Roam automatically.

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
Just read on 3 site that their devices aren't automatically set up for roaming abroad to stop you incurring charges

This is copied from their instructions on how to set it up.

Your Mobile Wi-Fi isn't set up to automatically connect to the internet while roaming abroad, to prevent you from incurring unexpected data usage and charges.

Although you can roam abroad in one of our Feel At Home destinations at no extra cost, there may be occasions when you are near a border or in an unsupported location which doesn't support Feel At Home.

If you change your settings to automatically connect to the internet, you might connect to another network and incur additional roaming charges in these circumstances.

We don't recommend that you make this change, but if you would like to do so, please follow the steps below:

1. Go to the homepage then click on Connection settings.
    • If you have a Huawei device, open up a new internet browser and type 192.168.1.1 into the address bar, then press enter.
    • If you have a ZTE device (excluding Windows 8, 8.1), open up a new internet browser and type 192.168.0.1 into the address bar, then press enter.
  2. Enter the password: admin
  3. Enable the Data Roaming option.
    • If you have a ZTE device on Windows 8 or 8.1, click on Settings Charm > Network > Mobile Broadband connection > Activate Roam automatically.
An easy way to do the above is to download the Huwei app to your smartphone, which when allows you to make these changes quickly and easily.
Unless data roaming is turned on you wont be able to connect to in Europe
Once turned on you can leave it on all time time you are in a Feel At Home country
Hope this helps

Oct 15, 2011
Not Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Carthago chic eline
Exp
Since 2011
If it's the Hauwei that Minxy posted about get online and open it by typing in 192.168.8.1 then login and enable roaming. Settings,dial up,mobile connection and that brings up the page for enabling roaming.

Flamenca

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 21, 2013
Europe
Funster No
MH
Hymer 564
Exp
Since 2010
@chaser From the screenshot it looks like a Vodafone mifi. I assume it has been unlocked. I have found that my unlocked Vodafone R215 works abroad using the following settings for connection:

4G preferred
Account type: Custom
IPv4 + IPv6
APN: 3internet
Number: 8080
Security: PAP;CHAP

I hope this is of some help.

OP
OP
chaser
Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
@chaser From the screenshot it looks like a Vodafone mifi. I assume it has been unlocked. I have found that my unlocked Vodafone R215 works abroad using the following settings for connection:

4G preferred
Account type: Custom
IPv4 + IPv6
APN: 3internet

Number: 8080
Security: PAP;CHAP

I hope this is of some help.
Bloody great worked immediately

dabhand

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2014
Staffs
Funster No
MH
Concorde carver E35
Exp
Since 1993
Each time I connect to 3 in a feel at home country my net gear air card (which has its own display) places a warning triangle on the display (even if I have previously enabled roaming) it will not connect until I have acknowledged this message (with the press of a button each time I connect) you may have something similar on your device!

dabhand

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2014
Staffs
Funster No
MH
Concorde carver E35
Exp
Since 1993
Oops still writing when above posted, glad your sorted.

OP
OP
chaser
Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Yeah here I am on the iPad, sorted, thanks