Storage for V-Line in York (1 Viewer)

May 8, 2011
God's county. Helmsley, North Yorkshire.
Funster No
MH
IH Tio 630 RL
Exp
Since April 1846 but have always camped.
Hi,
I used it a couple of years ago. it was very secure, could access the van when i needed to and was in a building that was dry. we now use one at Strensall which is outside but still secure but its nearer to home. let me know if you need the web site. Also Ebor leisure on the A64 do storage.
Cheers.

OP
OP

Deleted User
Hi,
I used it a couple of years ago. it was very secure, could access the van when i needed to and was in a building that was dry. we now use one at Strensall which is outside but still secure but its nearer to home. let me know if you need the web site. Also Ebor leisure on the A64 do storage.
Cheers.
Great thanks for the info.
Strensall would be a bit far out, if we get moved to York would be able to walk to this one.

Lin

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP

Deleted User
Visited the storage facility in York, looks good, no space at the moment but hopefully will have some by time we move to York :)

Aug 15, 2014
Exiled in Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Pilote 600L
Exp
Since 2006
Lin,
There is a large but open storage facility for vans three miles out of York at a place called Poppleton, the site is just past Wyevale Garden centre on the A59.
I know of a couple of people who have used it happily for years. Hope this may help.
Norman.

OP
OP

Deleted User
Lin,
There is a large but open storage facility for vans three miles out of York at a place called Poppleton, the site is just past Wyevale Garden centre on the A59.
I know of a couple of people who have used it happily for years. Hope this may help.
Norman.
Thanks, is it called Oak something? I think I've seen it when searching online.
My friends coach Poppleton Ladies footy, I was going to ask them to check it out next time they are nr Pop.

Lin :)

Aug 15, 2014
Exiled in Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Pilote 600L
Exp
Since 2006
Lin,
I am not to sure about the name of the place but I will ask a mate at work tomorrow who keeps his van there, assuming he is back from holiday with his caravan.
Norman.

Aug 15, 2014
Exiled in Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Pilote 600L
Exp
Since 2006
Lin,

The details of that site are, Oakwood Caravan Storage, YO26 6QZ, Tel 01904 786555.

Norman.

Last edited:

ceejayt

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 12, 2015
Stamford Bridge - Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
RS Elysian A Class
Exp
Since 2004
Visited the storage facility in York, looks good, no space at the moment but hopefully will have some by time we move to York :)
I wouldn't hold your breath - I have tried to get in there for a couple of years without success. I was very lucky to ind a farm with a massive barn to store in the other side of Stamford Bridge. If you are stuck I will ask if she will take another vehicle - she has a couple already and it is a working farm so tractors in and out so they do need the space.

C

OP
OP

Deleted User
I wouldn't hold your breath - I have tried to get in there for a couple of years without success. I was very lucky to ind a farm with a massive barn to store in the other side of Stamford Bridge. If you are stuck I will ask if she will take another vehicle - she has a couple already and it is a working farm so tractors in and out so they do need the space.

C
Thanks, we are ok for a couple of months, will keep in mind though if nothing comes up closer to York.

Lin :)

hotabbey

Free Member
May 4, 2016
North Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
10 years
Had our caravan stored at Oakwood storage for many years - Derek is a nice guy and had no issues at all - his sister is a different proposition, found her to be rude and always felt we were putting her out when we had any dealings with her - however nothing wrong with the storage very secure with a barrier and cameras - don't use it any more as we moved to Pickering and store our caravan in a barn close to our home - the van which in the next couple of weeks will become a motorhome ( yippee )

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back