diagnostic port ducato 2.8jtd 2001 (1 Viewer)

D

dandj

Deleted User
hi there
sorry, another question :)

does anyone know where the diagnostic port is on a 2001 ducato 2.8jtd? I have a friend who owns a garage and will diagnose a fault for me, but we need to know the port type and location.

tried googling it and got no conclusive answer and looked in the couple of places some said it migth be on a fiat forum but no joy (guess because for a van not a motorhome)

thanks in advance
Darren

Braunston

Free Member
May 21, 2008
Funster No
Hi,

Are you sure the 2001 ducato has a diagnostic port,

I have a 2004/5 ducato and its under the fuse cover on the righthand drivers side albeit you have to look up under the remaining part of the dash, hope that makes sense, its not visable looking directly at the fuse holders.

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
does anyone know where the diagnostic port is on a 2001 ducato 2.8jtd?

thanks in advance
Darren

Our 2003 2ltr is under the steering wheel. I think the EU spec says it must be within 500mm of the steering wheel ( or something like that ).

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
D

dandj

Deleted User
found it

well, I found it, thanks for the replies but you all missed :)

on a LHD hymer fiat ducato 2.8jtd the diagnostic port is a 3 pin with 2 wires with a plastic cap on it, its on the right hand side in the engine bay, attached to a large black plastic panel (which I think will be the ecu). hope this helps others, took some finding.

can now get on with the diagnosis :) my cooling fan is not working, swapped out the fan as that was dead, put in a new thermistor just to be sure and tested all relays, all ok, so its wiring or ecu :-(

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 9
hi there
sorry, another question :)

does anyone know where the diagnostic port is on a 2001 ducato 2.8jtd? I have a friend who owns a garage and will diagnose a fault for me, but we need to know the port type and location.

Darren

Ok Darren, you beat us but my friend there was just a tiny bit of information missing. ie a left hand drive A class built motorhome will naturaly have differences from a standard rhd 2.8 jtd. ::bigsmile::Doh:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back