Modern Technology.....Pah.... (1 Viewer)

Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
Took Hymer into main Fiat dealer today for software change to bring dash lights on for daylight vision of speedo etc.
After waiting the the hour as predicted , all done Mr H.
Ready to drive home , no difference, still can't read speedo etc :doh:.

Now need a return visit , leave for a day so technician can communicate with Fiat to sort.

Oh for the days of switches and wires and bulbs and fuses, if it broke you could fix it .

Not so easy now :crying:

?

Deleted User
You can buy the leads to do all Fiat changes yourself. You get them on ebay for 20 quid or so. The software needed is free but its limited and you buy different levels for the licence. You should get over to the fiat forum and ask around. Most sections have a download area where you should find the software to download if not ask and somone will point you in the right direction.

MannClan

Free Member
Dec 5, 2015
Peterborough
Funster No
MH
coachbuild
Exp
approx 2003
took mine in this week for the same problem - explained on booking that it was not an illumination problem ie lighting but needed the lights setting so they came on when the ignition was on. turned up with van - ah yes an illumination problem - hello !!! explained again and left veh.
phone call your van is ready, its been on a test drive but we cant see a problem with the illumination of the dash - why do we "£!$%^&*($£ bother !!

going back to fiat when I get a chance

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

dabhand

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2014
Staffs
Funster No
MH
Concorde carver E35
Exp
Since 1993
I can do all that with the buttons on the steering wheel on mine, Hymer on a Merc, I assume then it's different on Fiats.

CWH

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 29, 2014
UK
Funster No
MH
WildAx PVC
Exp
From November 2013
FIAT = Fix It Again Tomorrow
FORD = Fix Or Repair Daily
LOTUS = Lots Of Trouble Usually Serious