Mar 6, 2008
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
overcab
Exp
2 years
Hi,

Can anyone help with Sat tv in our motorhome. We are in the Highlands of Scotland and brought our digibox with us from Cornwall. Picture not good and why are we getting local stations from Cornwall. Free digibox supplied by Campsite works fine but we would like to use our own box. Can anyone help. Does our box need some sort of retuning?

Liz

:cry:

philw111

Free Member
Mar 22, 2009
Moray Firth
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr 484
Exp
Since 2004
Hi,

Can anyone help with Sat tv in our motorhome. We are in the Highlands of Scotland and brought our digibox with us from Cornwall. Picture not good and why are we getting local stations from Cornwall. Free digibox supplied by Campsite works fine but we would like to use our own box. Can anyone help. Does our box need some sort of retuning?

Liz

:cry:
I assume it is a Sky box, in which case it remembers where you live (or at least where Sky think you live). Our box gives us programmes from the south of England (we moved to north-east Scotland over 5 years ago). This shouldn't affect the picture quality so can't help with that, although you usually need a bigger dish up here in the wilds.

Phil

OP
OP
L

Liz14

Free Member
Mar 6, 2008
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
overcab
Exp
2 years
I assume it is a Sky box, in which case it remembers where you live (or at least where Sky think you live). Our box gives us programmes from the south of England (we moved to north-east Scotland over 5 years ago). This shouldn't affect the picture quality so can't help with that, although you usually need a bigger dish up here in the wilds.

Phil

Many thanks we had great picture last night but not today. Should be walking the hills and not watching TV but forcast for tonight is awful.

Liz

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
bigger dish will help.....and maybe a re-scan of channels.

SUPPLEMENTARY MEMORANDUM FROM BBC SCOTLAND
the recommended dish size for reception in the UK is 45 centimetres up to around central Scotland and 65 centimetres from there to Shetland. In practice however we know that people are obtaining satisfactory results with the smaller dish in most of the northern mainland.

but when returning home you may have scottish programmes rather than your local ones.

The Wild Ones

Free Member
Jan 4, 2009
Oxfordshire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Fledgelings
In practice however we know that people are obtaining satisfactory results with the smaller dish in most of the northern mainland.

I can confirm this to be true. We got all the free sat channels with our Lidl ` Camping Sat in a Suitcase' during our stay at `The Wee Campsite' in Lochcarron recently. FWIW the dish is 35cm I think?

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back