Dometic AES 3 way fridge/freezer (1 Viewer)

Jan 31, 2016
Alness, Cromarty Firth
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544 (2012)
Exp
I tried to use the fridge/freezer, it's the type with separate freezer, over the weekend (for the first time) as we lost mains power. The gas light came on a flickering yellow instead of green, we don't have a Dometic book to see what that meant.

I assume the gas wasn't lighting but I don't know what to look for ?

any ideas please ?

Apr 10, 2010
Bedfordshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago
Exp
Since Sept 2003
If the gas has been off for a while, or you've recently changed the bottle, it takes a while for gas to get through to the fridge. Does the rest of the gas system work properly?

Upvote 0

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
I think it will be steady yellow when it's lit, flashing will mean it hasn't lit.

Do you have gas? Is the fridge gas supply turned on? Is the igniter trying to light, you should hear a clicking.

Martin

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
sometimes ours doesn't seem to auto light if we lose mains, with ours turn selector off and back to gas it lights, when lit we put back to auto, no obvious pattern to working automatically or not

Upvote 0

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
If you put your hand over the top rt side of the top vent you should feel heat if it is working -you can also take off the bottom vent and check through there but the heat is easier ;)
terry

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
sometimes ours doesn't seem to auto light if we lose mains, with ours turn selector off and back to gas it lights, when lit we put back to auto, no obvious pattern to working automatically or not
The 7000 series fridge freezer in our last van used to always do that. As we rarely use mains used to use manule most of the time.

Upvote 0

glenn2926

Free Member
Sep 11, 2012
Gods country
Funster No
MH
Chausson
Exp
newbie hired 3
Did you give it a good while after turning off the engine? The gas does not come through straight away just in case you are fueling up. Have you tried it on manual setting for gas? Is it fairly level, the van that is. Have you tried turning it off and starting again? I can hear mine roaring away at the lower vent when on gas. Oh and the light does not go green it stays amber when lit.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back