Sneaking in under the radar... (1 Viewer)

Papa Smurf

Sep 25, 2007
Funster No
Hi all.

Almost a bit of a fraud at the moment - waiting to get first MH, - dependant on DVLA giving me back class C driving after a heart attack last year and put on to insulin (diabetic). Now they realise insulin is not working for me, so back onto tablets. Ho hum... Meanwhile, still waiting to see if I'm gonna join the zipper club. Good ol' NHS.

My better half and I were almost convinced by a new Rapido, but then someone showed us Class B+ & Class C motorhomes. Now we're fervently searching thru info ( what is difference between B+ & C btw? ) whilst waiting for aforementioned DVLA. So we may end up with a 7090+, a 992MH, or something that naturally comes with LHD and an engine that could pull Nelson's Column over.

We intend to tour Europe (well the bits of Europe we've heard of). We've had caravans in the past, but MHing will be "novel" and "interesting" . We know we'll find many challenges, but we also know we'll get to experience more of the world than we have so far, and that hopefully we'll meet and make new friends on the way.

Any advice is welcomed - Please assume I know nothing, and you won't be far from the truth. As things become clearer, I'll hopefully start to fill in some of the blanks and update you folks so you can share our troubles and triumphs. Oh, and we're mid - 40's who want to experience more of life before we're too old to enjoy it !

johnsandywhite

Free Member
Jul 29, 2007
Doncaster/Spain
Funster No
MH
'A' Class RV &
Exp
:Cool: Hi Papa Smurf and a BIG Welcome to MotorhomeFun. As we keep saying. We ALL had to start somewhere. Any questions you need answers to? Just ask away. There is NO such thing as a Dumb question. Only a Dumb answer. You'll soon get the hang of things. Hope your medical problems are NOT a hinderance in your future Motorhoming fun. May your travels be MANY and your troubles be FEW. :winky:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Papa Smurf

Papa Smurf

Sep 25, 2007
Funster No
Thanks Both.
Any questions you need answers to? Just ask away. There is NO such thing as a Dumb question.

JSW (may I call you that?) Unfortunately, my ignorance is such that I don't know enough to be able to identify the questions to ask yet...

I did say we were totally new to MHing didn't I? ::bigsmile:

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
Welcome to the sitePapaSmurf
May I be the first to help you get an answer to a question you didnt know you had asked
that naturally comes with LHD and an engine that could pull Nelson's Column over.

You need a-----------------------All together :ROFLMAO:
Geo

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
Too Slow

RV

OP
OP
Papa Smurf

Papa Smurf

Sep 25, 2007
Funster No
4.6 gallons eh?..............

USA or Imperial? - could make all the difference:thumb:

L

Lindy-C

Deleted User
Welcome to the sitePapaSmurf
May I be the first to help you get an answer to a question you didnt know you had asked

You need a-----------------------All together :ROFLMAO:
Geo

would that be RV :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Hi Papa Smurf and welcome to the house of FUN! :roflmto:

Sorry to be too slow Geo....was doin' the school run:Blush:

OP
OP
Papa Smurf

Papa Smurf

Sep 25, 2007
Funster No
Thanks for the "hi"s.

Cotswolds eh - just moved from Tetbury and now "slumming it" 5 mins south of Ciren.

oh btw lc1962 - I used to teach people how to code html amongst other things, so if you really have problems contacting your website designer, I may be able to help.

Last edited:

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
4.6 gallons eh?..............

Ah you noticed,
But Nelson would be on his A**e in under 2 seconds 4.6 Divide by60 x 2 =.552 of a gallon:RollEyes:
Ok it would cost few bob to get there:cry:
Geo

Jul 20, 2007
Scotland
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 1999
It would cost me 40% less Geo :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Welcome to our little corner of www world papa smurf. I think that the only dumb question is the one you DON'T ask :roflmto::roflmto:
Just fire away with questions as you think of them, sometimes it makes even the more experienced sit and think about it, so that is good for everyone :roflmto:

Keith

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back