Can't find our Chinese sat nav (1 Viewer)

Mar 16, 2010
Carmarthenshire
Funster No
MH
In between
Exp
Since 1988
Can't find our Chinese sat nav anywhere .....we last used it a couple of months ago when we went in the motorhome to pick up some car spares for Max's XR 4x4
Had every drawer in the house out ...it must be somewhere but we can't find it.
Anyone got one for sale ? before I go on fleabay for one as we are off to Scotland soon.

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
As mentioned on other threads, the map updates for the Chinese sat navs no longer contain truck files so can't be trusted. If your local Aldi still has any Garmin Camper 660s for sale you will be better off with one of those.

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
Oh wish you had posted this on Sun morning. The car boot sale in Glasgow was selling them for a right bargain of £15 seller showed me one working too. I can check if the seller is back again next week if you dont get one prior to that.
Or you can borrow mine at Falkirk and drop it off on your route south again.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
davanne
Mar 16, 2010
Carmarthenshire
Funster No
MH
In between
Exp
Since 1988
As mentioned on other threads, the map updates for the Chinese sat navs no longer contain truck files so can't be trusted. If your local Aldi still has any Garmin Camper 660s for sale you will be better off with one of those.
Unfortunately ours hasn't any that was my first thought when I realised we had mislaid the Chinese one

OP
OP
davanne
Mar 16, 2010
Carmarthenshire
Funster No
MH
In between
Exp
Since 1988
Oh wish you had posted this on Sun morning. The car boot sale in Glasgow was selling them for a right bargain of £15 seller showed me one working too. I can check if the seller is back again next week if you dont get one prior to that.
Or you can borrow mine at Falkirk and drop it off on your route south again.
We realised it was missing on Saturday Sandra:doh: typical
If you are there on Sunday and they have them could you get us one and I'll send you the money.

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
Unfortunately ours hasn't any that was my first thought when I realised we had mislaid the Chinese one
Why do you need truck files?BUSBY.

?

Deleted User
The car boot sale in Glasgow was selling them for a right bargain of £15 seller showed me one working too.

Oldest trick in the book. Show one working while the other boxes are full of bricks :D

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
Oldest trick in the book. Show one working while the other boxes are full of bricks :D
Haha yes but im a bit too streetwise for that:) If hes there again this week I will be examining one very carefully before parting with any money.

OP
OP
davanne
Mar 16, 2010
Carmarthenshire
Funster No
MH
In between
Exp
Since 1988
Why do you need truck files?BUSBY.
I believe that they give you the roads suitable for your vehicle and don't send you on roads that are unsuitable ...so far our Chinese unit has been very good here and in France and Belgium but as @denisejoe has said she must have claimed political asylum..either that or she has gone up in a puff of smoke because she isn't anywhere to be found:rofl:

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
Can't find our Chinese sat nav.

Some 'broke' takeaway.:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
its ching chong gone.......or a chinese takeaway

ianandkath

Free Member
Jun 4, 2015
spain/uk
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
2 years
i have the latest maps, q4 2015 truck and car. loaded it and tested by going under a 2.4 metre bridge, told me not to, but i was in the car.
so i now have a spare one if anyone wants to buy it
ian and kath

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
I believe that they give you the roads suitable for your vehicle and don't send you on roads that are unsuitable ...so far our Chinese unit has been very good here and in France and Belgium but as @denisejoe has said she must have claimed political asylum..either that or she has gone up in a puff of smoke because she isn't anywhere to be found:rofl:
Map, road signs and common sense do exactly that,,,never trust a machine,,BUSBY:):):):)

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
Sorry to go OT on this.
Can the Chinese Sat Nav be updated (with or without truck data)
I had read on here that it couldn't but a post on here suggests that it can albeit without truck data which presumably means 'car' mode.

ianandkath

Free Member
Jun 4, 2015
spain/uk
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
2 years
Sorry to go OT on this.
Can the Chinese Sat Nav be updated (with or without truck data)
I had read on here that it couldn't but a post on here suggests that it can albeit without truck data which presumably means 'car' mode.
yes it can be updated, as a car or as a truck/car.
latest maps (2015) are downloadable
or you can download the complete new igo system

mjltigger

Free Member
Nov 12, 2014
Trowbridge
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Dakota Max
Exp
i have the latest maps, q4 2015 truck and car. loaded it and tested by going under a 2.4 metre bridge, told me not to, but i was in the car.
so i now have a spare one if anyone wants to buy it
ian and kath
I'm sure you will had already been asked but where did you get them?

ianandkath

Free Member
Jun 4, 2015
spain/uk
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
2 years
I'm sure you will had already been asked but where did you get them?

of the interner, they have a web site but its not working correct for truck ones, so i found them on a torrent site.

been testing it for a coulpe of weeks now, it works fine

mjltigger

Free Member
Nov 12, 2014
Trowbridge
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Dakota Max
Exp
of the interner, they have a web site but its not working correct for truck ones, so i found them on a torrent site.

Well good news they are still out there. Surprised they aren't in the site to download. Might have a scout through some torrents.

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp

could you post the torrent please? by pm would be fine if you would rather not post to the forum. i would then upload them to my dropbox so other members can download them too. thankyou

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
i will up load the new igo 9 system complete, jus add your own poi.
That will not upload to the download section, and be careful if it is potentially a pirated copy of igo

ianandkath

Free Member
Jun 4, 2015
spain/uk
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
2 years
That will not upload to the download section, and be careful if it is potentially a pirated copy of igo

just found out it will not upload it, and its not a pirated copy, its a real one with the licence .

but need to find a way to upload it, its quite a big file,

i can email it as a rar file if anyone wants it

Nov 3, 2013
Portugal
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato Auto Wildax
Exp
C/van since '73 .M/h.2009
Hi.
You KNOW the quickest way to find it........

Buy another one!.
Tea Bag

?

Deleted User
I take it you are talking the HERE maps. I also have the Q4 2015. So what part/file is the truck maps as i use them in an Android and the maps take up a fair bit room. I could just delete them files. I did have truck POI's in older maps. I presumes that was just for greasy spoons that sell egg and chips so deleted that also.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back