New member from Sunny Southampton :) (1 Viewer)

Jase :)

Free Member
May 1, 2016
Southampton UK
Funster No
MH
Land Rover Discovery 2
Exp
Since 2008
Hi everyone,

This seems like a friendly place to be !

We've never owned a motorhome, but that will change soon :)

We bought a neat little Ace Jubilee Viceroy caravan back in 2000 and loved family holidays around the UK. We sold it after 3 happy years and upgraded to a posh Elddis Avante 556 which was lovely, perfect for our growing family as we have 3 children.

After years of UK holidays we got pretty fed up with the awful British weather so we then took the 'van over to France for few years.

I'm a keen Land Rover fan, owned my Discovery 2 for 8 years now and gradually modified it to be a superb off road / expedition vehicle.

3 years ago we sold the caravan and switched to Oztents (really cool expedition tents) so that we could explore more with the Land Rover. I also refurnished a military Sankey wide track trailer to lug all the gear.

For me, the perfect trip would be wild camping, off road, true Overlanding.....but the wife has a back condition which is getting slowly worse so being realistic it won't be long before she needs more comfort , and we keep chatting about one day getting a camper van.

I've been looking around for ideas and inspiration and am really drawn to the Hymers, something like the Hymer B534 from the mid 1990s

I like these because they seem well built and I'm not keen on more modern engines that are all full of computers and gadgets etc. Tbh if we go down the camper van route for the wife then I'd still want to travel long haul and explore :)

My dream would be a really decent Hymer that I'd have stripped out and refitted with a really modern interior and leather seats etc - if anyone knows of reputable firms that do renovations I'd love to hear about them

Kind regards

Jul 29, 2013
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL A class
Exp
since 2011
:hiya2::welcome4:There will be someone with info to help you on here good luck with it.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009
Hello and welcome:welcomesign: I'm sure will get lots of help and advice . Plenty of Hymer owners on here but never heard of stripping one they all seem happy!!

Apr 28, 2013
Alentejo,Portugal
Funster No
MH
Hymer A Class
Exp
Since the '80,s
Hi and :welcome4: enjoy your time here,sure you will and hope you find the Hymer of your dreams.

OP
OP
J

Free Member
May 1, 2016
Southampton UK
Funster No
MH
Land Rover Discovery 2
Exp
Since 2008
Thanks everyone :)

Been reading through lots of info on here, wow....loads to learn :)

Kind regards

Jase

dabhand

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2014
Staffs
Funster No
MH
Concorde carver E35
Exp
Since 1993
:welcomesign:Enjoy the forum and your travels.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back