Jazzledog

Free Member
May 1, 2016
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Hymer B588PL
Exp
Hi, my wife and I are ready to buy our motorhome so we need some suggestions for dealers to visit in a fortnight's time as we make our way from Calais to Paderborn in Northern Germany. We have contacted Palmowski in Bielefeld and Camperima in Belgium so is there anyone else we mustn't miss on that line of travel?
We are looking to import an A class, Hymer, Carthago or possibly Burstner, licences for both of us are good for over 3500 kgs, health allowing, for another 14 years or so, we'll probably go for the heavier class of van unless something really tickles our fancy in the lighter weight.
We know there is a lot of expertise on the site on so many things, from make and models,layouts,importing and sadly even health issues and are looking forward to a steer about dealers first of all as we take a few days away. Thanks in anticipation.
P.S. Joining the site ASAP, got a lot more questions yet.....:D

Jan 10, 2013
Near Uttoxeter and Crete
Funster No
MH
Warwick XL PVC
Exp
Still trucking and learning
welcome animated smiley.gif

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009
Hello and welcome there are a lot on here who can advise on those MH makes and as said above Eddie @Judge Mental is your man

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Jazzledog

Jazzledog

Free Member
May 1, 2016
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Hymer B588PL
Exp
Yep Eddie @Judge Mental is the man to ask. Just don't let him try and talk you into a panel van ;)

Thank you all, I'm aware that Eddie probably has the answers but he's definitely got a bit on his plate at the moment... Our best wishes to him and his family while they battle through a difficult time.
We've done the panel van thing when we were younger, fitter and thinner....:whistle: Just wish we'd made our minds up last year when we looked at a Hymer B678 at Camperima, € dropped before we'd done enough research to be happy we were doing the right thing. We know that the layout is right as, shock horror, we have a caravan in similar style.
In 15 months we've seen the health of a few people at work and in our families deteriorate, we've made our mind up a few cents extra to the pound doesn't buy you time.

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
Our attitude as well. What is the point of shuffling off rich and miserable? (My daughter may disagree....;))

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
Thank you all, I'm aware that Eddie probably has the answers but he's definitely got a bit on his plate at the moment... Our best wishes to him and his family while they battle through a difficult time.
We've done the panel van thing when we were younger, fitter and thinner....:whistle: Just wish we'd made our minds up last year when we looked at a Hymer B678 at Camperima, € dropped before we'd done enough research to be happy we were doing the right thing. We know that the layout is right as, shock horror, we have a caravan in similar style.
In 15 months we've seen the health of a few people at work and in our families deteriorate, we've made our mind up a few cents extra to the pound doesn't buy you time.
Drop me a PM with phone number and email and I will contact you as I have a few ideas. May not be till next weekend as have a bad chest infection

Eddie

Gorse Hill

Free Member
Feb 2, 2013
Stretford
Funster No
MH
Burnster Ixeo IT 734
Exp
Drop me a PM with phone number and email and I will contact you as I have a few ideas. May not be till next weekend as have a bad chest infection

Eddie
Good man Edward(y)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back