Couldn't wait till retirement (1 Viewer)

Rovert

Free Member
May 1, 2016
Paignton
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Hi all.

New to this site and the world of the motorhome fun...

We've just bought ourselves a 13 yr old 6 Berth CI Riviera 141 and are planning a few trips out this year to see the British countryside.

We were always thinking what fun it would be to do this when we retired, but felt life was too short to wait till then so started a little early. :)

Hello everyone.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    220.1 KB · Views: 59

Allanm

Free Member
Jun 30, 2013
Cotes d'armor, France
Funster No
MH
Burstner Harmony TI 736 G
Exp
Since 1987
You don't have to retire to enjoy motorhoming, there are plenty of young families and pre-retirees that own them.
One thing that shocked me though, when we bought our first coach-built in the mid 80's ( at the age of 30) was the retailer asking how old I was when I made an appointment over the phone to view it. He said I didn't sound old enough!

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009
Hello and welcome:WelcomeFlag: We bought our MH before we semi retired but realise I can't wait to fully retire ! Must wait a few years yet!

Nov 4, 2015
Waterlooville
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
Since 2011
:HelloThere: & welcome.

But be careful. That is exactly what we decided to do 5 years ago. we bought a 5 year old Avondale, "To try it out decide whether it is something we would like to pursue in retirement." Well retirement is still 2 1/2 years away but we have now just taken delivery of a brand new Pilote. We are liking the lifestyle so much now, we get frustrated at the limitations placed on our Motorhome life by work and the lack of free holiday time.
I am sure you will enjoy your travels.

Ray

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Rovert

Rovert

Free Member
May 1, 2016
Paignton
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
:HelloThere: & welcome.

But be careful. That is exactly what we decided to do 5 years ago. we bought a 5 year old Avondale, "To try it out decide whether it is something we would like to pursue in retirement." Well retirement is still 2 1/2 years away but we have now just taken delivery of a brand new Pilote. We are liking the lifestyle so much now, we get frustrated at the limitations placed on our Motorhome life by work and the lack of free holiday time.
I am sure you will enjoy your travels.

Ray

That work / life balance is a tough one eh.

Feb 22, 2014
Grantham
Funster No
MH
Rapido Le Randonneur
Exp
Since 2015
Great sentiment. Enjoy your travels. :welc:

mjltigger

Free Member
Nov 12, 2014
Trowbridge
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Dakota Max
Exp
It makes you want to retire though.. I've still got 25 years at least to wait :(

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009
It makes you want to retire though.. I've still got 25 years at least to wait :(
Lol, so young! You've got weddings and stuff to do !! Enjoy your life and don't wish it away! Although I do wish we had a MH 25 years ago when our girls were little.... All those washed out holidays in tents!! Happy days?!:)

mjltigger

Free Member
Nov 12, 2014
Trowbridge
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Dakota Max
Exp
Lol, so young! You've got weddings and stuff to do !! Enjoy your life and don't wish it away! Although I do wish we had a MH 25 years ago when our girls were little.... All those washed out holidays in tents!! Happy days?!:)
Don't want to be any older, just don't want to work any more lol. Too much stuff to see

Zepp

Free Member
Jun 22, 2008
Roaming
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
7 Years
Life is short live it do what you feel is right

Forgot to say hi and welcome

Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
Since 2009 with motorhomes several caravans then tents before that.
Welcome to the club.
You've done the right thing , you won't regret it.
Ralph was 41 when we bought our first MH.
Nearly 9 years ago. We traded in our beloved caravan and chucked in our savings and bought a 3 year old van. Loved it. So did the kids.
It took a lot of persuading on my part as Ralph couldn't "get" motorhomes. He was a true caravanner and tenter at the time.
You know the sort, what happens if you run out if food, how about if you want to go anywhere. You'd have to pack everything away ..........
I brought him round ( with a lot of persuasion) to the idea of spending more on a Motorhome than we did on our first house together !
We've not looked back. We no longer camp with our kids, but enjoy our hobby together , more and more as we get older. We are glad we didn't wait till we retired too. After all , you never know what's aroud the corner.
plus we'd have to wait till we were 68 now!
He's soon to be 50 and I'm 52 , so God willing , we've got at least 16/18 years till retirement , to enjoy our hobby. We get away every other weekend and have longer holidays all year round. Why wait.

OP
OP
Rovert

Rovert

Free Member
May 1, 2016
Paignton
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Loads of great comments from everyone. THANK YOU.

We did spend a few weekends away with a converted T5 but the Jenga Challenge with 4 of us + the dog was just a bit too much.

We'd done 10 days around the North Island of New Zealand in a nice MoHo and from then decided it was our goal to see Brittain & parts of Europe the same way.

Luckily m self employed so can slope off early weekends some times so looking forward to a good few weekends away with the family.

:gracias:

Rob and Val

Free Member
Oct 17, 2010
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Talbot Compass Calypso
Exp
Since July 2010
Hi.gif
and a warm welcome from us.

We once had a lovely, elderly neighbour - sadly passed away some years ago. She said that when she was young she yearned to do so many things but couldn't, because she did not have enough money. "Now," she said, "I have the money but no longer have the good health."

You've done the right thing, @Rovert.

magicsurfbus

Free Member
Oct 11, 2010
NW England
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1997
We've just bought ourselves a 13 yr old 6 Berth CI Riviera 141 and are planning a few trips out this year to see the British countryside.

We were always thinking what fun it would be to do this when we retired, but felt life was too short to wait till then so started a little early. :)

We did the same 11 years ago during a window of opportunity before the eldest went to Uni - one of the best decisions we ever made. We also bought a 6 berth CI - still got it.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back