Free Member
Oct 19, 2014
Lincolnshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sky I Plus 650LG
Exp
First MoHo - April 2015
My tap stopped activating the pump last night...

I susspect its the micro-switch.. as the bathroom tap is fine...

It's sods law that I was at dealers only last week for annual damp test.. but they are on the South Coast.. Wheras I'm currently in Sth Yorks..

Are switches easy to get hold of and replace?...

This is the offending tap...

image.jpeg

Edit: It on a Knaus Sky I A class 2015

OP
OP
Fletton

Fletton

Free Member
Oct 19, 2014
Lincolnshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sky I Plus 650LG
Exp
First MoHo - April 2015
Many thanks @scotjimland for the links.. Spot on!

Have removed cover etc and identified switch...

image.jpeg

Just need to source one local if poss

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Sep 10, 2012
worcester
Funster No
MH
Sunliving van
Exp
The micro switch on my tap started playing up so I cleaned it and gave it a spray of switch cleaner - no problem since.
Have got the parts to convert system to pressure switch on /off if I get the problem again.

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Have got the parts to convert system to pressure switch on /off if I get the problem again.

personally, I wouldn't bother .. had that system on a caravan..

the pressure switch cut in/out point was pain to set up.. too high and the pump wouldn't stop.. too low and it wouldn't start..

The problem is the voltage supply to the pump is not a constant 12v.. it varies depending on the state of the battery and or if it is on charge.. so as the pump voltage changes the output pressure varies..

but if you already have the switch, give it try .. nowt to lose except your patience.. :LOL:

OP
OP
Fletton

Fletton

Free Member
Oct 19, 2014
Lincolnshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sky I Plus 650LG
Exp
First MoHo - April 2015
The micro switch on my tap started playing up so I cleaned it and gave it a spray of switch cleaner - no problem since.

Well i've fiddled with the switch and can't wake it up... :unsure: it's a sealed unit so I can't do much other than replace it in my case.. :( I reckon!

Theonlysue

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 14, 2009
Essex
Funster No
MH
As Executive 50th an
Exp
Not long enough!
Bought mine on ebay about a fiver.
Price doubled with hymer stamp on lol

OP
OP
Fletton

Fletton

Free Member
Oct 19, 2014
Lincolnshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sky I Plus 650LG
Exp
First MoHo - April 2015
Well I've sat here and pondered... and it appears the most difficult bit will be feeding the "tight fitting" wires through the tap body.... with a hidden 90deg bend...

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Any ideas?...

Do I (can I) remove the guts... As in 1st pic... Without getting wet!??.. :unsure:

Or is it just going to be a bit of a struggle!.. and much expletives!!. :D

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Cut the old switch off, then join new switch wires to the old ones.. solder joint, then pull through

OP
OP
Fletton

Fletton

Free Member
Oct 19, 2014
Lincolnshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sky I Plus 650LG
Exp
First MoHo - April 2015
Cut the old switch off, then join new switch wires to the old ones.. solder joint, then pull through

Now that!!.. My friend is an excellent plan :) as I have solder equipment in the van...

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Another common problem with these taps is one of the wires to the micro switch gets caught and breaks happened on our last Hymer. There was enough length of wire to pull it through and solder it sleeving it with 1mm silicon.

dabhand

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2014
Staffs
Funster No
MH
Concorde carver E35
Exp
Since 1993
On my Last van I spent hours pissballing about with a Reich tap buying a new microswitch etc only to find it was a snagged cable, the tap eventually fell to bits whilst in Morocco and after many hours spent trying to put it back together, it just wouldn't have it, and Mr fixit in Agadir replaced the tap. Just had this same problem, bought a microswitch and am a little ashamed to say could not be bothered even having a go at fixing it and whilst in Lincoln recently paid Camperuk £66 (1 hours labour) to have it fitted, however after thinking about all the time I wasted on the previous occasion it was money well spent!

OP
OP
Fletton

Fletton

Free Member
Oct 19, 2014
Lincolnshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sky I Plus 650LG
Exp
First MoHo - April 2015
Well the issue was a broken wire...

image.jpeg

Part of the short length of protective sheathing at the tap end looked like it had been trapped and kinked since fitting !..

Anyway new switch in place... And it was quiet straight forward in the end..
:)

I now have H2O exiting the tap once more (y)

Reactions: Jim

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
My experience with water systems with switches in taps is awful. The Mixer taps are lightweight rubbish and the tap action eats the wires and switches. I fitted 2 in our Hymer in 3 years. A pressurised system with proper metal taps is so much better.

OP
OP
Fletton

Fletton

Free Member
Oct 19, 2014
Lincolnshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sky I Plus 650LG
Exp
First MoHo - April 2015
My experience with water systems with switches in taps is awful. The Mixer taps are lightweight rubbish. I fitted 2 in our Hymer in 3 years. A pressurised system with proper metal taps is so much better.

Perhaps so.. But for now I'll stick with OEM ... and see how goes it for now.. :)

Reactions: Jim

BFM14

Free Member
Jan 24, 2015
Leicester
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2010
@Fletton. Thanks for this, but how did you remove the micro switch from the grey body? I have tried but without success. Scared of breaking the grey part.

OP
OP
Fletton

Fletton

Free Member
Oct 19, 2014
Lincolnshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sky I Plus 650LG
Exp
First MoHo - April 2015
@BFM14
@Fletton. Thanks for this, but how did you remove the micro switch from the grey body? I have tried but without success. Scared of breaking the grey part.

If i recall... It was jus held in place via a small "moveable" plastic lip...

And popped out using small screw driver

The replacement was slightly different as it was missing a couple of small round protrusions... But it made no difference to the fit... Just a push fit back in :)

Threading the wire was easy...
But rather than fitting spade connectors.. I cut and joined to existing wires...

BFM14

Free Member
Jan 24, 2015
Leicester
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2010
Tried to remove the micro switch but like some one else said in another answer it appears to be glued in at the bottom. The good thing is I bought a soldering iron, flux and solder at a market stall in Iseo today, and all is repaired. Also got shrink wrap to complete the job.

Thanks to everybody for their help

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back