Feb 26, 2013
Pinar de Campoverde, Spain
Funster No
MH
Giottiline T60
Exp
Since March 2013
image.jpeg
I have toyed with the idea of buying a halogen oven for some time but didn't know if it would end up as another one of those gadgets that ends up in the back of the garage after the first trip away. I happened to be looking on Gumtree and spotted a halogen oven for £6!! Yes you read that correctly. Needless to say I didn't dawdle and I am now the proud owner of a very smart halogen oven with complementary cook book. Not one to hang around I was keen to test it so when I got back with my new purchase just now I quickly whisked together a blue cheese souffle and I am currently waiting with bated breath while they cook as the aroma fills my kitchen.the little things that make me happy :D

May 7, 2013
RUK
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
On our 2nd MH now a AutoTrail Savannah which we're absolutely delighted with
We couldn't be without one Ashley says! We hardly ever cook on anything else both at home and in the MH. (well if I'm being honest "we" don't cook at all!

Hils and Glenns

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 13, 2015
N Yorks
Funster No
MH
Hymer B 674
Exp
Since 2015
Love mine. I've got two. One in the van and one at home. The best bit is they are really easy to clean. Hope your souffles are a success.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009
I thought you were hatching chicks! Note to self find reading glasses?!:)

Khizzie

Free Member
Jul 26, 2014
Le Repaire,Thiviers,France
Funster No
MH
Autocriuse stargazer
Exp
since 2002
View attachment 103759 I have toyed with the idea of buying a halogen oven for some time but didn't know if it would end up as another one of those gadgets that ends up in the back of the garage after the first trip away. I happened to be looking on Gumtree and spotted a halogen oven for £6!! Yes you read that correctly. Needless to say I didn't dawdle and I am now the proud owner of a very smart halogen oven with complementary cook book. Not one to hang around I was keen to test it so when I got back with my new purchase just now I quickly whisked together a blue cheese souffle and I am currently waiting with bated breath while they cook as the aroma fills my kitchen.the little things that make me happy :D
They are super bits of kit .i use two huge ones at home and a very small one in motorhome.never use a conventional oven any more ,I use these and a slow cooker which does just about all I need ....so well done on your super bargain ..Roy

Jun 18, 2012
Preston
Funster No
MH
Grandad's Camper-CPC
Exp
Since 2012
What is the wattage of something like that?

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
If you want something really lovely and tasty make some 'gammon crackling' ... like pork crackling but from a gammon joint, just cut the skin off with some of the fat and then score it as you would with pork, stick it in the halogen and watch it cook ... just don't burn yourself when you try to eat it 'cause you can't wait! Much tastier than even the best pork crackling I've ever had!

Gorse Hill

Free Member
Feb 2, 2013
Stretford
Funster No
MH
Burnster Ixeo IT 734
Exp
East Bergholt, our home village until we recently moved to Capel. He used to coach them before we gave up the rat race to travel.
Hopefully they won, if he's run a team like me losing can put a damper on the weekend, sad I know, but true

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
... why not rustle him up a treat in the halogen ... just in case!

Gorse Hill

Free Member
Feb 2, 2013
Stretford
Funster No
MH
Burnster Ixeo IT 734
Exp
Know that feeling....
Used to play DD for 25yrs and every weekend (according to the wife) was good or bad depending if we won or lost on a sat, would never have been a good coach DD if someone was S**t they needed to be told
The feeling was the same player or coach, but I miss it big time like yourself I guess

OP
OP
Coolbeanz
Feb 26, 2013
Pinar de Campoverde, Spain
Funster No
MH
Giottiline T60
Exp
Since March 2013
They must have won as he was in a good mood until he asked where his soufflé was and I said I'd eaten them both. I did explain that soufflés have to be eaten immediately!! :D

Debs

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2014
West Notts
Funster No
MH
A class Adria Vision
Good bargain:) - ended up giving ours away as the design of the base was c*ap. The bowl was, well, bowl shaped which meant every time I tried to use it the rack would tip up and whatever was cooking slid off:doh:

It was like one of those kids games where you had to be really careful & try to keep it al balanced.....and I just haven't got the patience:blush:

When I did manage to cook anything I was impressed with it - did used to light the caravan up though, like something out of 'Close Encounters':LOL:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back