Free Member
May 8, 2008
brierfield lancs
Funster No
MH
american rv
Exp
just started
need some advice please. when we switch the blown air heating on the fan starts up but the gas doesnt ignite.where do we start to look and if we cant spot anything does anyone know of somewere in Lancs for help.PS complete novices with this rv thingy:RollEyes:

Sundowners

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 30, 2007
Suffolk/Central Portugal
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
37 years
First thing to look at, your batteries must have plenty of charge. We've had the same problem. As ours was a bit long in the tooth, we eventually replaced ours with a new furnace as we are now fulltiming in ours and we didn't want an 'iffy' one over last winter. It cost us $660.00 bought direct from the States.

'Damondunc' on here knows a thing or two about them and repairs them, so it might be an idea to pm him.

Nigel and Pamala

OP
OP
john and carole

john and carole

Free Member
May 8, 2008
brierfield lancs
Funster No
MH
american rv
Exp
just started
Thanks guys ,batteries have plenty of charge so will download furnace troubleshooting and take it from there and hope its nothing to serious:thumb:

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
Thanks guys ,batteries have plenty of charge so will download furnace troubleshooting and take it from there and hope its nothing to serious:thumb:

Mine is often troublesome at the onset of winter, but after running it's usually fine ..

Good luck, persevere, if it's been idle for a while it may take several attempts to get it lit.. the gas line may be empty, dampness is also a problem if it's been laid up, try spraying the board and connectors with some WD 40 .. make sure there are no spiders webs in the burner and air intake..

Look inside the van, make sure the air intake isn't blocked, ours is under the sofa and Jan once put a blanket in and blocked it ..

Jim

Last edited:

GEOFFs125

Free Member
Sep 14, 2007
Salisbury, Wilts
Funster No
MH
C Class RV
Exp
Have a look at the trouble shooting guide posted by ScotJimland.

I used something similar to diagnose the fault on my furnace. My furnace would ignite and blow hot air for a few seconds, then blow cold air for a few seconds, re-ignite to blow hot air for a few seconds then blow cold air for the remainder of the cycle until it was switched off.

I replaced the PCB, supplied by Linda at Stateside, now it ignites first time everytime :thumb:

Good luck

Geoff

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

chatter

Free Member
Aug 3, 2009
cheshire
Funster No
MH
5th wheel
Exp
10+
We had trouble with the furnace in our 5ver last year had to get a new strikey thing and have that put in, ours kept clicking when trying to light but failing to ignite the gas

PeteH

Free Member
Nov 22, 2007
East Riding of Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido, 999M.
Exp
18+yrs plus 25+Towing
Furnace Probs

Hi

The Suburban Furnace relies on a "Sail Switch" which requires that the fan is running AND MOVING SUFFICIANT AIR before it will allow ignition. IF this is "stuck" it may attempt to start but not fire up.?

any use?

pete

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back