tow bar wiring on 2008 ducato x250 (1 Viewer)

NickF

Free Member
Sep 3, 2008
Nr Caernarfon North Wales
Funster No
MH
Ace Firenze
Exp
on and off for years
Assuming i've now got my new towbar for our ace firenze ( from my other thread)

Does anyone know about the wiring up of it - is there anything special to note as the vehcile is a 2008 X250 with possible can bus.

what makes me wonder is that I see the reply from Simon at swift group mentions a wiring loom and control box on my previous thread, so i guess i can't just fit the wiring in the good old traditional way by splicing in to the exisitng rear lights like we use to and how i've done it many times in the past.

Anyone know about this for sure before i have to pay around £200 + for the wiring loom and controller from swift?

Thanks everyone for the replys on my enquiries about the towbar.

Nick.
www.autogastanks.co.uk

N&K

Free Member
May 26, 2008
Berkshire
Funster No
MH
Swift Sundance 630L
Exp
Link Removed

these kits plug into the lights no wiring necesary to protect the can-bus apparently.

Use the menu on the left of the web page to find your vehicle or give them a call.

davejen

Free Member
Aug 21, 2008
Preston
Funster No
MH
Given up travelling
Exp
Since 1992

Does anyone know about the wiring up of it - is there anything special to note as the vehcile is a 2008 X250 with possible can bus.

what makes me wonder is that I see the reply from Simon at swift group mentions a wiring loom and control box on my previous thread, so i guess i can't just fit the wiring in the good old traditional way by splicing in to the exisitng rear lights like we use to and how i've done it many times in the past.

Anyone know about this for sure before i have to pay around £200 + for the wiring loom and controller from swift?

Thanks ever

Nick.
www.autogastanks.co.uk
If it is can-bus I think the only option is the correct kit, unfortunately the "norm" nowadays-it's called progress!, by the way can you give me an idea of the cost of a 60 ltr gas tank as mine is 10years old and looking a bit tatty ie rusty, or can it be wire brushed (carefully) and repainted? thanks, Dave:thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005

Thanks everyone for the replys on my enquiries about the towbar.

Nick.
Link Removed

no need to buy from Swift as they have nothing to do with the existing wiring except utilise whats already there and only sell on kits they bought in.

you may even find a specific towbar wiring socket to just plug the new loom into within the canbus control system.

you will need a specific wiring kit though.

OP
OP
N

NickF

Free Member
Sep 3, 2008
Nr Caernarfon North Wales
Funster No
MH
Ace Firenze
Exp
on and off for years
thanks for the prompt replies.

I'll call the towequip people tomorrow to see what they say and i'll report back with the findings.

Davejen, is that a vapour tank your asking about or one to run the engine? we have both in stock and being a member on here you get the discount from us but drop me your number or call me in the office this next week ( mornings if possible) - 01286 882097 and i'll chat it over with you.

By the way don 't go off the pricelist ont he autogastanks.co.uk website, thats out of date now, ALL the new prices are much lower, especially the 4 hole upright cylinders (bottles)

thanks for all the replies,

Nick.

SJM

Free Member
Aug 17, 2009
Funster No
If its anything like my 07 x250 work van, splicing into the wiring loom works for the indicators, but you will get a warning light on the dash the first time you press the brake pedal which will stay on until you unplug the trailer, and the side lights won't work at all on the van or trailer. It had me scratching my head, checking fuses etc, finally got fed up, unplugged the trailer and all the lights came back on on the van !!

So the short answer is yes, you will need some kind of loom other thanjust splicing in.

Stu

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
Splicing into a canbus system without the correct harness :Eeek: