Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
Well it certainly does here in London! D'Angelo singing the Prince song:)

If you emotional and easily upset please stop reading now as this is not a fun topic!

And that brings me to point of this not so happy post. My health has declined rapidly the cancer that was treated 2 years ago (malignant Melanoma) is back with a vengenece. Started Chemotherapy recently and more next week. it knocks the stuffing out of you. kidneys ironically have improved a little but they want to start me on dialysis soon as I will be able to handle stronger Chemo. To be honest I feel surprising well. Its just my wife and kids who cant handle it and are devastated..simply cant except. that the hardest bit to bear..

was supposed to be in hospital all of next week to have a tumor removed this now postponed to se how I react to chemo first, luckily I sold the van recently so that's out of the way...

Where there is life there is hope.. So say a prayer for me funsters:)

listen to the song its genius....and be aware of the sunshine folks its a killer! My daughter says this forum my version of facebook...I think she is right!lol

Last edited:
Oct 5, 2012
Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Carado T132
Exp
5 years, feel free to ask me about the Carado!!
Well it certainly does here in London! D'Angelo singing the Prince song:)

If you emotional and easily upset please stop reading now as this is not a fun topic!

And that brings me to point of this not so happy post. My health has declined rapidly the cansar that was treated 2 years ago is back with a vengenece. Started Chemotherapy recently and more next week. it knocks the stuffing out of you. kidneys ironically have improved a little but they want to start me on dialysis soon as I will be able to handle stronger Chemo. To be honest I feel surprising well. Its just my wife and kids who cant handle it..

Where there is life there is hope.. So say a prayer for me funsters:)

listen to the song its genius....

Good luck with the treatment, sure it will go well(y) you must be here for the forseeable, to keep that errant ITB on the straight and narrow :doh: and edumicate people on the stunning value of direct import German motorhomes!

It snowed up the mountain at Struthof today....luckily it had melted off the road for the trip down the mountain.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
Sorry to read your news.

Good luck with the treatment

Gorse Hill

Free Member
Feb 2, 2013
Stretford
Funster No
MH
Burnster Ixeo IT 734
Exp
Take care Judge, you can beat it, but it put things into perspective for us all when things like this happen
Beautiful lyrics Judge

Autowbars

Free Member
Dec 1, 2012
Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Lunar Roadstar 800
Exp
Since 2010
Beat IT, that's another song title for you.
And I hope you do, love reading your educational posts, and the funny and at time sarcastic ones.
GOD BLESS

May 8, 2010
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2010
Sorry to hear this.
Hope all goes well with your treatment.
We'll be thinking of you. x

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009
Eddie you have decided to out your illness , but I'm sure like me a lot realised you were a lot more ill than you let on.
Fight this terrible thing and we are all with you and your family. We need your sarcie comments and useful ones and who else is there to fly the flag for German imports?!
Take care and best wishes to you and your family x

laird of Dunstan

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 15, 2015
lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 9000DFH
Exp
ex caravanner
im quite stunned by your news eddie, Kes says she will say a prayer in church for you this sunday,we both with say a prayer for you mate.
i hope you beat it buddy,i owe you a drink for your help with importing my MH ,now if thats not an incentive to recover and beat this awfull illness ,a drink from a scotsman;) , well what is(y)
sincerest good luck:D

OP
OP
Judge Mental

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
Thanks everyone unfortunatelly melenoma is very hard to beat and really terminal a matter of time. All depending how I respond to chemo etc...unluckily my tumor does not have the Brack gene which 50% of people have and can be targeted with certain combinations of drugs and has spread to lungs and bone but not badly yet. It's strange how well I feel and I'm in very good humour. And that line in Prince song sign of the times " a man ain't truly happy till his truly dying" kinda makes sense to me in a strange way to be honest! As you can plan your end hopefully giving family and loved ones time to adjust.....

I am a fighter and trying everything.
Ordered an expensive juicer and trying an organic fruit/veg regime as it's supposed to fight cancer? Cancer feeds off your protein and if no protein destroys your muscle. Once I get stabablised on dialaysis I will be able to have stronger combinations of chemo.

So....we live in hope guys!:)

Last edited:

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Oh Judge so sorry to read this, kind of knew you were poorly but was hoping treatment would work, will say a prayer for some good results for you.

OP
OP
Judge Mental

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
Oh Judge so sorry to read this, kind of knew you were poorly but was hoping treatment would work, will say a prayer for some good results for you.
Have been trying to build up the courage to post for ages as friends on here sensed something was up so have been getting PM's

A problem shared Is a problem halfed :)

xx

OP
OP
Judge Mental

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
Bless you Bill!:)

@campa cola who is ITB you have lost me !lol
@ianthebuilder was so shocked when he heard, wanted to come straight round and look after me:)...he has a heart of gold that lad
So get him some work guys I had some work on house we wanted to buy in Worthing. That move now cancelled as can't move wife down there away from friends and family. This does my head in! as so much money tied up in our London house I wanted to get my hands on:(

Last edited:
Jul 29, 2014
Norfolk and Correze, France
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin
Exp
Had one for 5 years many moons ago. Now starting again.
@Anthea M put my feelings exactly into words but I did not think giving it a like was quite right.
You have my sincere hopes for the best outcome possible.
If positive vibes are going to do any good then there's lots of them coming your way.

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
Hang in there JM, there are a few on here I have told myself I would like to have a one to one with, you're right up there

Suddenly dodgy headlight lights, missing o rings, imported A frames :LOL::LOL:, don't seem as important

So, a central London meet it might need to be, not too sure how we get round the LEZ etc

Keep fighting it (y)

May 8, 2010
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2010
cancelled as can't move wife down there away from friends and family. That does my head in! as so much money tied up in our London house I wanted to get my hands on
I hope that everything will be well with you all. Money seems so important, until a situation like yours arises. Then you realise what is really important in life - the love and support of the people around you.

OP
OP
Judge Mental

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
Hang in there JM, there are a few on here I have told myself I would like to have a one to one with, you're right up there

Suddenly dodgy headlight lights, missing o rings, imported A frames :LOL::LOL:, don't seem as important

So, a central London meet it might need to be, not too sure how we get round the LEZ etc

Keep fighting it (y)

We have enough room to accomodation a 7 maybe 7.5 metre van on our rear hardstanding. Fancy a weekend in London your welcome:)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back