Never thought I'd type this: Speedy DVLA!!! (1 Viewer)

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
Hi All,

We decided to put a cherished number of the 'van last week. Oh, Alright, I decided.

Anyway, when I tried to do it online, The computer said, "No"
I rang Swansea and Blodwyn said it was because there had been some gaps in Taxation in the past five years. (I'm not surprised. The previous owner is no more, he is deceased, he has joined the choir.......) Get my drift.

On Saturday morning I posted off the Forms to get Swansea to do the deed.

This afternoon I checked on line, (Tip, Have a look to see if the vehicle has MOT.) That check revealed that the 'New' Number is already on the 'van.

Now, all I have to do is hope that they can post it before the ferry leaves a week on Friday!!!

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
We have just done exactly the same, although our on line application worked

A note for you that might cause you an issue when travelling

DVLA will confirm by post the transfer is complete, giving you the new number to use, but they do not issue a new MOT certificate

Reading your post again I am now not sure if you have retained a number or put a retained one on, we have retained one and sold the car, so might be the other way round to you, the dealer was not happy that the MOT didn't match the car we were selling, even though we could show him the DVLA letter saying it would not be reissued. It does seem an odd thing not to do though

I always carry our MOT when abroad, never needed to show it, but not sure how it would look to foreign plod if it didn't match

OP
OP
Emmit

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
In our case we won't obviously have the MOT with the 'Shown' number on it, However, all the windows and even the headlights are etched with the 'Old' Reg. No. and we have the MOT of that.

Time to brush up my Franglais.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
They used to write the new reg. number on the top of the old mot, along with " cherished number transfer" & stamp it.

For the foreigners I'd just do that myself.:)

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
They used to write the new reg. number on the top of the old mot, along with " cherished number transfer" & stamp it.

For the foreigners I'd just do that myself.:)

that was in the good old days when you went to an office and spoke to a person, handed over real documents and got replacements o_O

not sure without the stamp it looks official enough just to hand amend it

MC 55 FUN

Free Member
Feb 18, 2016
Rural South West Wales.
Funster No
MH
2015 Majestic 195
Exp
Since 20th Feb' 2016
I keep the old plates in the MH just in case, although that may possibly complicate the issue abroad I guess.

Langtoftlad

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 12, 2011
Langtoft, South Lincs
Funster No
MH
WildAx Aurora FB [PVC]
Exp
Since 2015
Nothing but compliments from me too (y).

Recently bought new car, transfer of my reg went through without a hitch, paperwork (v5's) delivered within a couple of days.

Sep 16, 2010
Bungay Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Autotrail TrackerEKS
Exp
Since 2010
Well I hope that bodes well for me getting my licence back.... I sent off for it on Monday...
Wish me luck.
Mitch.

BwB

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 3, 2011
Suffolk UK
Funster No
MH
Resting b'twix vans
Exp
Since 1990
Don't forget to inform your insurance company and get the new paperwork before you get the ferry! :)

Riverbankannie

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 11, 2016
Bristol
Funster No
MH
IH 630 RL PVC
Exp
Hi Mitch
Have you got your licence back from DVLA? Better half's sent off April 19 for renew at 70. Looks increasingly like I will have to do all the driving on our trip to Germany, 12 days before the ferry.!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back