Dog Monitor App (1 Viewer)

Mar 10, 2016
Scotland
Funster No
MH
A Class RMB 750HE
Exp
Three years and counting, 30 years a tent tower.
Anyone used this app to keep an eye on pets when you've had to leave them in your MH?

http://www.dogmonitorapp.com/

It looks ideal as it tells you if they are noisy, monitors temperature etc. Reviews are generally good but most of those are about use in homes.

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
It seems to have a live video stream which will use a huge amount of data so of limited use if you are outside the UK on PAYG and possibly on a contract too as you might fall foul of the fair use policy.

If the video can be turned off and you just had sound that should work but I'm not sure what difference this app can make. If the dog barks continuously when you are away then you either don't leave it or you take it with you and you can find this out by simply shutting the dog away and then waiting to see what happens while you sit quietly outside. Otherwise monitoring every scratch and f**t seems a bit obsessive to me.

OP
OP
Robin McHood
Mar 10, 2016
Scotland
Funster No
MH
A Class RMB 750HE
Exp
Thanks @DBK, the live stream can be turned off so thats not an issue.(y) It can be set just to trigger a warning on noise or temperature for example. You can then choose to live video if needed.
My question really was for any member who'd actually used it and if they had discovered any downsides e.g. false triggering etc eg does a loud f**t set bit off? The upfront cost isn't great but I don't like throwing money away (and I'm not from Yorkshire :))

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
Not sure how this is better than a plethora of wifi mini cameras that do everything that this app does. I purchased one recently foe £26 it sends warnings and records events. You would of course require an inverter to use the cam in the car.

OP
OP
Robin McHood
Mar 10, 2016
Scotland
Funster No
MH
A Class RMB 750HE
Exp
Mainly because I can use an existing old iphone, won't need to run an inverter etc, it's only for occasional use.

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
I can't see anything on the link that says it monitors temperature.

Even if it did have that feature you would need another device to actually measure the temperature and then transmit it to the phone - iPhones and the like aren't capable of doing that.

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Looks like a great little app, over the years I've known a few who could have done with an app like that so they'd know about the incessant barking after they left their van/home.

My last dog was pretty laid back and rarely barked, but he was very rarely left on his own. On the odd occasion we left him we knew he slept as we'd see that we'd just woken him on our return. Then One day we went on a boat trip leaving him in the van after a very long walk thinking he'd sleep like he always did in the van,

However something was not right, because a lady told us that he barked continually while rocking the van for the whole 4 hours! We've not got a new dog yet, but we'll definitely look at apps like this when we do.

OP
OP
Robin McHood
Mar 10, 2016
Scotland
Funster No
MH
A Class RMB 750HE
Exp
Your right NickNic, mixed it up with an IP camera I was looking at. Just have to put the phone where it can see dog and thermometer(y)

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
Does look like a good app though (y)

OP
OP
Robin McHood
Mar 10, 2016
Scotland
Funster No
MH
A Class RMB 750HE
Exp
@Jim, yes we don't leave the dog & cat on their own generally and fairly sure he isn't a barker, cat wouldn't stand for it, Siamese are a bit particular about what dogs are allowed to do and what they aren't :)Looks like no one has tried this app in a van yet so I'll give it a go when we go away in June and report back

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Was a newbie, now a Middie.
We put ours under the locker, then screw the lid down. (y) The secret is remembering you left it there. :)

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
I've just invested the £2.99 to have a play with it.

I can confirm it does exactly what it claims to do (y) With both devices connected to WiFi it works a treat.

I don't think my dogs are all that impressed though :LOL:

OP
OP
Robin McHood
Mar 10, 2016
Scotland
Funster No
MH
A Class RMB 750HE
Exp
I've just invested the £2.99 to have a play with it.

I can confirm it does exactly what it claims to do (y) With both devices connected to WiFi it works a treat.

I don't think my dogs are all that impressed though :LOL:

Well,that's worth knowing, it did get good reviews. It will be interesting to see how well it does over a mobile link... The cat definitely won't be impressed, he hates anything IT based anyway as it detracts from a humans proper purpose in life :LOL::LOL:

Aug 6, 2013
Kendal, Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Le-Voyageur RX958 Pl
Exp
since 1999
Not sure how this is better than a plethora of wifi mini cameras that do everything that this app does. I purchased one recently foe £26 it sends warnings and records events. You would of course require an inverter to use the cam in the car.
And wifi of course - which means a mifi or smartphone.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back