Free Member
Jul 26, 2009
Powys/Spain
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral Compact
Exp
since 2002
Having used a portable dish for 6 years i have been contemplating a move indoors for a semi or full automatic system . Reading thro. many posts i had come to the conclusion that value for money a Camos + cranker was the one for me in terms of size and cost effectiveness , but reading and researching something else found via ANT+DEBS. this site www.RVWholesalers.com advertising a Wineguard Carryout Auto.Portable Satellite Antenna $799.99 it looks remarkably like the much more expensive Camos dome £1400 approx. and supports 2 boxes . Has anyone seen or used these ? it would hopefully give the "Dome" performance at the price of a Plus. Cheers Alan

falcon

Free Member
Jun 20, 2009
Liverpool
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Having used a portable dish for 6 years i have been contemplating a move indoors for a semi or full automatic system . Reading thro. many posts i had come to the conclusion that value for money a Camos + cranker was the one for me in terms of size and cost effectiveness , but reading and researching something else found via ANT+DEBS. this site www.RVWholesalers.com advertising a Wineguard Carryout Auto.Portable Satellite Antenna $799.99 it looks remarkably like the much more expensive Camos dome £1400 approx. and supports 2 boxes . Has anyone seen or used these ? it would hopefully give the "Dome" performance at the price of a Plus. Cheers Alan

I am sure it would be great if you can get it programmed for European Satellites. It looks like it is fully pre-programmed forDish Network, Bell TV and DIRECTV. It would be advisable if you talk to Winegurad themselves (they are one of the top sat antenna makers in the world) and confirm if you can get a European version. Yours settings would need to be for 28.2E (Astra 2D) and 13E (Hotbird). It would be best if you quote 151.8 deg for Astra2D and 167 deg for Hotbird as they use whole circle bearing. Check the link Link Removed

OP
OP
GIBLA53

GIBLA53

Free Member
Jul 26, 2009
Powys/Spain
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral Compact
Exp
since 2002
Good advice i have sent an e-mail and "joined " the Weingard owners forum -early indications is that the "carryout" is not Euro-compatible but the static domes could be , if i hear any more i will post something Alan:whatthe::whatthe:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
HI Alan

I recall Snelly, of Snelly Vision , member on Facts, looked into importing this system to retail in the UK but discovered by the time you add the cost of software, new lnb , import duty, shipping etc it worked out just as expensive, if not more than EU products.

Jim

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back