How Much Do You Use Your Camper? (1 Viewer)

Oct 1, 2013
Lanzarote
Funster No
MH
Nil by mouth
Exp
Lots
I just worked out and amazed how much I've used mine.

Had it just short of 5 years and the MOTs show I do 10,000 miles a year.

Now to nights usage.

Three 7 weeks trips to Lanzarote.

Four 3 weeks trips to Europe.

50 track days.

And about 20 days in Cornwall.

And 20 visits to pals

Probably 350 in years :)
Blimey. Well used van :)

You?

Last edited:

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Over 6 months last year and about 8000 miles per year average over 4 years we have had it, nearly three months already this year and going away again on Saturday for another 5 weeks and then back just in time to go to Stratford FUN rally.

Martin

PhilG

Free Member
Mar 8, 2016
leicester
Funster No
MH
euramobil 810
Exp
since birth
Out most weekends march to november, local stuff , plus 4 or 5 short euro trips.. would be more , but cant drive to furthest tracks so fly instead, else would be 15k a year easily, as it is , around 7-8k.. new van not been off the drive yet and ive been to holland and germany in the car and hotelled it.. hopefully out this weekend if the snow stays away.

May 7, 2011
East Anglia
Funster No
MH
Kontiki 669
Exp
Since 2010
We have had three motorhomes in six years. We average about 10,000 a year.As we work
we only get about five weeks away on the continent,but we do the odd pub stop and I do
about 10 trackdays a year.:)
When we retire we hope to do longer winter tours like a lot of you do,we are looking forward to
that but we dont want to wish our lives away!:)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Only got the new van end of January and registered middle of Febuarary and since then done 2000 miles and about 20 nights, would be more if work didn't get in the way. Hope to get away next weekend and off in June for two weeks then two week in July and also have a week in Berlin planned for September so hopefully loads of weekends in between

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009
Only got the new van end of January and registered middle of Febuarary and since then done 2000 miles and about 20 nights, would be more if work didn't get in the way. Hope to get away next weekend and off in June for two weeks then two week in July and also have a week in Berlin planned for September so hopefully loads of weekends in between
How are the old legs after the marathon Gerry ? Well done again!

Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
Since 2009 with motorhomes several caravans then tents before that.
Even though Ralphs still working full time , running his building co, we manage to use Pug every other weekend . Throwing in a Friday and Monday every so often too .
We also have at least 1 longer 2 week break , as well as a couple of week long ones throughout the year. Where we go further a field within Britain.
We still fly away on our main holidays . This year Sissi in Crete in June and Imerovigili in Santorini end of August. :cooler:
Though this might be the last year , for aeroplanes :pray2:
( I don't like flying!)
I'm all for taking Pug over the water. Something we've never done in a Motorhome yet , well not counting OuterHebredise and Isle of White of course.
We've just thought , including the past, that 2 weeks wasn't long enough to travel too far, in a Motorhome .
So we've decided to move things about and stretch to 3 weeks next year. So Buster needs a passport sorting.

D

deleted-member02

Deleted User
Averaging 5,000 miles and around 50-60 nights per year...
I think that's pretty good considering I'm in full-time employment and have two kids at school.
Would obviously like to do more, funds and commitments prevent us from doing so.
Despite my best efforts, I know we can't squeeze in much more !

MikeD

Free Member
Dec 21, 2011
London
Funster No
MH
IH PVC
Exp
Since 2012
Around 5000 to 8000 miles a year with two three months trips. Spain in the autumn and somewhere else in the spring.

Hardly use it when we are in the UK

Jan 10, 2013
Near Uttoxeter and Crete
Funster No
MH
Warwick XL PVC
Exp
Still trucking and learning
We do about 10,000 per year, mainly abroad - Spain, France, Luxembourg, Croatia, Slovenia, Belgium, Holland, Albania, Montenegro, Greece, Austria, Switzerland, oh and Peterborough. :)

Jan 10, 2013
Near Uttoxeter and Crete
Funster No
MH
Warwick XL PVC
Exp
Still trucking and learning
We do about 10,000 per year, mainly abroad - Spain, France, Luxembourg, Croatia, Slovenia, Belgium, Holland, Albania, Montenegro, Greece, Austria, Switzerland, oh and Peterborough. :)

Sorry double post. Having trouble with the site today - keep dropping out when I use the backtab key - anyone else having this problem?

Lynne Steele

Free Member
Feb 13, 2015
Lleyn peninsula
Funster No
MH
Majestic accordo 125
Exp
4 years
We use ours one night every week on our day off, unless we have an emergency, only have 1 10 day trip to France every year as we are carers, but I am so content in our little square box and so much happier than when in my beautiful detached house, cant wait to sell it and spend more time in the box.

I love the freedom it gives us, we can set off without a clue where we will spend the night, and we cant wait until we can retire and spend as much time away as we want. We are already loaded waiting to go

Lynne

magicsurfbus

Free Member
Oct 11, 2010
NW England
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1997
Over the last 10 years we've averaged around 5,000 miles a year. Typically we do two 3-4 week trips round Europe each year plus occasional weekends in the UK if the weather's right. It's also handy for weekend collectors' fairs.

We're not fully retired yet, so it's not being used to its maximum. Still no regrets about buying it in our mid 40s though - one of the best decisions we made.

cruiser

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 12, 2012
northampton
Funster No
MH
coach built elddis 400
Exp
since 1978
Not as much as I like this year. And at the moment my old van is in the garage having some work done. And a MOT. This is going to be expense that I do not need. But going to Thetford in May. And away to Spain in September.

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
We did 22,000 miles over over the last year - sadly we can only do 3 weeks per trip so seem to spend so much time 'coming and going'

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back