That's it, we're off. (1 Viewer)

Oct 7, 2013
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Swift Escape Compact
Exp
Since 1988
Tomorrow is the day we head to France for ( hopefully) five months. Internet will be hit and miss as we tour so we will miss the chatter on here, logging in whenever we can.

Best wishes to all at MHF.

PS

We would like to see at least one Funster during our travels. Not met one yet that has advertised their membership with a Funster sticker. We live in hope.:)(y):france::france:

Oct 5, 2012
Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Carado T132
Exp
5 years, feel free to ask me about the Carado!!
Tomorrow is the day we head to France for ( hopefully) five months. Internet will be hit and miss as we tour so we will miss the chatter on here, logging in whenever we can.

PS

We would like to see at least one Funster during our travels. Not met one yet that has advertised their membership with a Funster sticker. We live in hope.:)(y):france::france:
Bring your coats for the next few days, bloody freezing, but hopefully spring is back on its way :)

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
Have a great time, not sure you will meet many funsters they all seem to be in Scotland (y)

as for internet. surely no excuses there, there must be a post a day about 3 feel at home, have you not sorted that :)

OP
OP
maison
Oct 7, 2013
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Swift Escape Compact
Exp
Since 1988
Have a great time, not sure you will meet many funsters they all seem to be in Scotland (y)

as for internet. surely no excuses there, there must be a post a day about 3 feel at home, have you not sorted that :)
Yes.(y) But we have no internet or landline at our base in Burgundy and mobile phone reception is poor there. :mad:We tend to check in via wifi hotspots and mobile phone internet when in a decent area..:)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009
Have a great time!!
I will have my badge in the van ! We are off to France in the summer but doing Brittany so may not see you !! We have a small windscreen sticker and a huge dinner plate one for the back window( curtesy of Jim in Chester rally!)we have no back window but it is going in the kitchen window ! I'm going to start making a list of Funsters I meet and keep their names in a book like Ger from @cliffandger !will wave!

Aug 21, 2014
Isle of Wight
Funster No
MH
Rapido A class
Exp
20 yrs on and off

PS

We're here!! Waving at every motorhome!! First week gone and we're having a great time. At Arromanches Les Bains tonight and the CC would be horrified at how close the van next door is! Motorhoming heaven here so relaxed and welcoming! Our Funster sticker on display :smiley: Happy travels :smiley:

cliffanger

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 15, 2013
Saltford
Funster No
MH
Hymer A class
Exp
Since 2013
@maison We're off to Croatia on Thursday via Belgium, Luxembourg, Germany, Austria, and Slovenia, but may come back up the eastern side of Italy and across the top and up through France, so may see you in a couple of months time - we always seem to meet Funsters on our travels so will look out for you!

Have a lovely time! :)

Oh and @Anthea M is right - I have a little red book I write Funster user names and real names in - it's a lifesaver! (y)

kip

Free Member
Apr 26, 2015
Bulphan
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Rub it in why don't ya.......can't get away till September!!Safe travels,Have a fantastic time!! :envy:.

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009
@maison We're off to Croatia on Thursday via Belgium, Luxembourg, Germany, Austria, and Slovenia, but may come back up the eastern side of Italy and across the top and up through France, so may see you in a couple of months time - we always seem to meet Funsters on our travels so will look out for you!

Have a lovely time! :)

Oh and @Anthea M is right - I have a little red book I write Funster user names and real names in - it's a lifesaver! (y)
That sounds like a fantastic trip! I do hope you will do one of your wonderful blogs with photos as I found the India one very amusing! And love your avatar photo!!
Safe travels and is Cliffs ukulele packed !?:LOL:

cliffanger

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 15, 2013
Saltford
Funster No
MH
Hymer A class
Exp
Since 2013
That sounds like a fantastic trip! I do hope you will do one of your wonderful blogs with photos as I found the India one very amusing! And love your avatar photo!!
Safe travels and is Cliffs ukulele packed !?:LOL:
Thanks, will do my best with blog and both ukes will be packed, but mine will be the one that spends more time out of the bag! ;)

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009
Leaving today (Wednesday ). Dover to Dunkirk for 3 month trip -France & Spain
Have a great trip and safe travels ,keep us posted I love the photos and foodie pictures of peoples travels!!(y)

OP
OP
maison
Oct 7, 2013
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Swift Escape Compact
Exp
Since 1988
Managed to get Wifi today at Camping le Bon Temps, near Vienne.

Heading down to the Sputh of France for a week or so.

Arrived at our little place in Burgundy last week to find a water leak on the boiler when we turned on the water. Took a day to find parts to "jury rig" the system. Still a little weep from it but turned it off while we are away.

Tried the Air Con. It tripped out the electrics! Two years ago it cost us 600 euros to fix a fault and then another 600 euros to correct the fault caused by the first repairer who, by then, had gone out of business. Surprise , surprise.:mad:

This time it will be full replacement. Isn't life wonderful?

Hence the idea to get away from our "get away".:)

Will sort things out when we get back from.......wherever!(y)

Best wishes to all.

PS. Still haven't seen a MHF sticker but looking out for them.

OP
OP
maison
Oct 7, 2013
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Swift Escape Compact
Exp
Since 1988
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

image.jpeg

1 Lunch break on a stormy day

2 View of Castellanne from near Aire

3 Aire de Camping Car, Chichillianne, near Vienne.

Just finished a trip around the French Alps and the Gorge de Verdon.

Magnificent scenery but some seriously scary roads!:eek:

Back at Burgundy base now but will try to attach a few photos here, of our trip.

OP
OP
maison
Oct 7, 2013
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Swift Escape Compact
Exp
Since 1988
Got a parking ticket in Moustiere Sainte Marie.:eek:

Parked on Aire de Camping Car and paid the fee but ticket machine didn't issue ticket.

Local Police arrived and when I explained the problem they gave me a parking ticket and wrote across it that I had paid my fee, telling me to put it in my windscreen in case any of their colleagues arrived.:)

So I now have a (cancelled) parking ticket, autographed by the local Police!(y)

Will keep it my collection for now, pending further developments.:unsure:

Sep 11, 2014
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
Since 2013
We're here!! Waving at every motorhome!! First week gone and we're having a great time. At Arromanches Les Bains tonight and the CC would be horrified at how close the van next door is! Motorhoming heaven here so relaxed and welcoming! Our Funster sticker on display :smiley: Happy travels :smiley:

@2spritelyislanders we're at Arromanches tonight and can't even open our side door, the vans are so tightly packed. Not an Aire we'd return to.

We've seen very few British vans in our 3 week trip, may possibly have waved to you.

Aug 21, 2014
Isle of Wight
Funster No
MH
Rapido A class
Exp
20 yrs on and off
@2spritelyislanders we're at Arromanches tonight and can't even open our side door, the vans are so tightly packed. Not an Aire we'd return to.

We've seen very few British vans in our 3 week trip, may possibly have waved to you.
Hi we were there a few weeks ago and it was our first experience of up close and friendly parking. We could get our door open! Liked the town and cliff top walks but like you probably wouldn't use the Aire if we went back as there's a nice campsite there.

OP
OP
maison
Oct 7, 2013
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Swift Escape Compact
Exp
Since 1988
Weather in Burundy at present not good.

Yesterday 10C!

Better today at 16C but nothing like we would expect. Worst start to the holiday season, weather wise, we have seen for eleven years.

There appears to be a pattern. We like to attend the local Brocantes and Puces, (Flea markets) on Sundays but the weather seems to deteriorate and rain on Sunday's. Must be heartbreaking for the organisers as the profits from renting stall space go into the local village/community. It helps in the upkeep of flowerbeds etc. Making some of the villages around here very pretty in season.

If there is no noticeable improvement over the next week or so we will probably return to UK for a few weeks and get on with work outstanding since we moved house last November.

Still, this retirement lark is better than working. Will just have to keep working at it!

Hymie

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 29, 2013
Essex
Funster No
MH
Classic Hymer B564
Exp
Since 1981
We have 2 on display, 1 either side of the cab.

We Spent 3 weeks, covered almost 3 thousand miles, stayed on motorway Aires, village Aires, sites, never saw a single fun sticker.

The only one I've ever seen was at Kelvedon Hatch, a C&CC site a few miles from our house when we were rushing to get home one Sunday morning.

Sep 11, 2014
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
Since 2013
Weather in Burundy at present not good.

Yesterday 10C!

Better today at 16C but nothing like we would expect. Worst start to the holiday season, weather wise, we have seen for eleven years.

Tip:: never go on holiday to the same place at the same time as us (we've been in France for 3 weeks and it's been mainly on the cold side). I don't know why I bother to pack shorts, seldom get to wear them.

On a positive note, we're going home tomorrow so anyone travelling out soon should be OK.

Karen

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back