Media player advice (possibly) (1 Viewer)

Ven

Aug 15, 2008
East Sussex and beyond
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2009
For the last few years we have been watching video files via my iPad connected to the TV (MP4) or directly from a hard drive plugged in to the TV (AVI) but increasingly it is becoming more difficult for various reasons.

Can anybody suggest a low power solution where I can play AVI, MP4 and MKV files through the TV. It would be great to play them all from one source and ideally be self powering or low consumption 12v.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

zac

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 19, 2013
Basingstoke
Funster No
MH
Rapido A CLass 10000
Exp
since 2013
We use a western digital live media player with 12v adaptor, 2tb usb drive plugs into this (takes power from usb port) and will play whatever you want including iso's/vobs/avi/mkv/mp4 etc etc. This plugs into tv using hdmi connection.

We also use an amazon firestick side loaded with kodi to stream anything else if we have a good enough signal but most of the time we use the WD Live above as no data costs.

Hope this helps.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jenben

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 19, 2015
Uk
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis I
Exp
Since 2007
Try a Raspberry PI running Kodi Software. Should play almost any format file and uses about 0.3-0.5 Amps. Cheap to buy and simple to connect ( HDMI to your TV and power from a USB connection). We use them in the van and at home.

OP
OP
Ven

Ven

Aug 15, 2008
East Sussex and beyond
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2009
Thanks again, I will be interested to hear how you get on with it RowleyBirkinQC. It looks like it should do what I need and it's certainly seems like a good price.

RowleyBirkinQC

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 20, 2014
Dazed & Confused
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2007
Thanks again, I will be interested to hear how you get on with it RowleyBirkinQC. It looks like it should do what I need and it's certainly seems like a good price.
The Cyclone Micro4 media player arrived a couple of days ago, also ordered a12v adapter with it. Testing thus far has been limited, but initial brief tests of MKV media from HDD via the media player to 47" LG tv over HDMI looks very promising. Great picture and audio quality in those brief attempts.

However, we will have to play a few full length movies of different media types on the Avtex in the van as the real shake down though...

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back