Solo traveling - Moselle & Rhine Valleys and Holland (1 Viewer)

May 5, 2014
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Beginners, got Doggy the van - March 2014
Hi all Good People.
Any Comments/Advice/Tips for a Solo Traveler, first time, along Belgium, Luxembourg, Moselle & Rhine Valleys and Holland, during June-July?
All would be Appreciated.

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
Plenty of Stelplatz in Germany.. you won't have a problem finding them.. but the Bordatlas is a worthwhile buy..

The Moselle is beautiful.. there are Stelplatz all along the route..

I would also suggest Campercontact .. the phone app is excellent.. well worth the annual subs of £4.50
you can also download the POIs from the site free.. and load onto a sat nav..it's all I use now .

OP
OP
Dogsense
May 5, 2014
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Beginners, got Doggy the van - March 2014
Thanks Scotjimland.
I am using the paid Campercontact. Using Chinese sat nav, not sure how to download the POI from Campercontact website to the sat nav, any idea?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Hi all Good People.
Any Comments/Advice/Tips for a Solo Traveler, first time, along Belgium, Luxembourg, Moselle & Rhine Valleys and Holland, during June-July?
Can't help but write up your trip on the forum. I can suggest a title: "Farewell Tour of the EU". :)

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Hi all Good People.
Can't help but write up your trip on the forum. I can suggest a title: "Farewell Tour of the EU". :)

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Hi all Good People.

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Hi all Good People.
Can't help but write up your trip on the forum. I can suggest a title given your timing: "Farewell Tour of the EU". :)

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Hi all Good People.
Can't help but write up your trip on the forum. I can suggest a title given your timing: "Farewell Tour of the EU". :)

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
Thanks Scotjimland.
I am using the paid Campercontact. Using Chinese sat nav, not sure how to download the POI from Campercontact website to the sat nav, any idea?

yes.. go to the download page .. http://www.campercontact.com/en/content/downloads

not sure what format you need.. also the icon file.

download the file for all countries... then load to sat nav.. sorry can't help with the Chinese model..

Nov 21, 2011
Rugeley
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Savanah
Exp
Since 2009
Holland is a great place to visit but does have mainly camp sites rather than free camping, I can recommend Gronningen, Den Helder, Amsterdam, Arnhem and my personal favorite Maastricht lovely country and people who have a great love of the outdoors hence a big choice of campsites.

GWAYGWAY

Free Member
Sep 6, 2014
Dover
Funster No
MH
Hymer ML I 580
Exp
4 years
Keep your finger of the button as it will repeat, I have enough trouble trying to send once let alone 5 times. I think you are a secret BREXIT propagandist trying to get you message across by force of numbers.

Apr 2, 2014
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2003
Lots of aires and stellplatz along the major rivers, often at marinas. Usually a small charge, but often you get to use the on-site facilities.

Techno

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jul 28, 2010
Leeds the one up North
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7090F 3 litre 160
Exp
May 2010

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun