Free Member
Sep 2, 2009
Anglesey
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
3rd year
Hi all, picked up my first motorhome last week so everything is new to us, this site has been a great help in answering questions. we're of on our fist trip this afternoon to betws y coed, its only an hour away from home so we can run for home if it all goes wrong:cry:We hope to meet some of you in the future.

John

chatter

Free Member
Aug 3, 2009
cheshire
Funster No
MH
5th wheel
Exp
10+
Welcome to the forum
Im sure you will be fine and it wont be long before your travelling much further afield

Enjoy.......... it what its all about

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Hi all, picked up my first motorhome last week so everything is new to us, this site has been a great help in answering questions. we're of on our fist trip this afternoon to betws y coed, its only an hour away from home so we can run for home if it all goes wrong:cry:We hope to meet some of you in the future.

John

Hi ?? Aren't you supposed to say something like "yacki dah boyo" :Smile:

If you see any camping near Betwys y Coed shout, love the place but never spotted any convenient camping.

Good plan, a short trip, but you need to stop a night or two to learn the ropes.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Hi John, have a great trip to Betws y coed. It costs me a fortune every time we go there, all those outdoor kit and goody shops. Meanwhile, welcome to the Fun:thumb:

DESCO

Free Member
Mar 11, 2009
London
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
18 years +12 years tugging
Hi John:welcome: To MH Fun

Thats the way to learn get out and do it, and a nice spot you have picked to start in.

Best of luck

Dave:thumb::thumb:

Brisey

Deceased RIP
Sep 4, 2007
Sutton on Sea
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2003
Hi John H and Croeso :welcome:to MHFun.:thumb:

OP
OP
John H

John H

Free Member
Sep 2, 2009
Anglesey
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
3rd year

If you see any camping near Betwys y Coed shout, love the place but never spotted any convenient camping.

Good plan, a short trip, but you need to stop a night or two to learn the ropes.

I may have to point out here I'm not Welsh, my wife was born and bred on Anglesey, I was born in Stockport, it makes it interesting when England play Wales in the rugby : ) we'll be staying over for a couple of nights to get a feel for it.

Thanks for all the welcomes, I'll report back on our return

Regards, john

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
my wife was born and bred on Anglesey,
Regards, john

That place is on my To-Do list.

A few years ago I was returning from Ireland, evening, bright sunshine and Snowdonia lit up a bright gold colour. It was awesome. I was too stupid not to stop and photograph it so ever since I have this desire to go back. I've even earmarked the site. But the weather, that's another matter.

Good luck with your first trip, it's not rocket science, just getting comfortable in your new house and finding what bits and pieces you need. And probably this weekend learning the sound of rain on a MH roof, not the best sound in the world.

staging lady

Free Member
Nov 12, 2007
North Wales in the Hills
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
6 years but caravan owner in past
Hi John, have a first great trip. We are about two hours from you, likewise in God's own country ( ! :whistle::whistle: !)
Lucille

steveclecy

Free Member
Jun 10, 2009
Wirral
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since June 2009
probably this weekend learning the sound of rain on a MH roof, not the best sound in the world.

But it IS! I think it is almost a comforting sound (at night), one to make you snuggle up and fall fast asleep.

As long as you don't hear it in the day!

Steve

and by the way, WELCOME John H (should have started with that!)

Last edited:

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
Hi and welcome to the site, enjoy your short trip then why not come and join us next week, Thursday until the following Monday. Great show, meet loads of funsters and buy the bits in the show that you can't do without , like a left handed lemon squeezer, hee hee
<Link Removed>

OP
OP
John H

John H

Free Member
Sep 2, 2009
Anglesey
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
3rd year

Hi Hilldweller, we found a nice site just outside Betws Y Coed, Cwmlanerch, its a small site about a mile from the center of Betws Y Coed and runs right up to the river Conwy. There is a large camping field and six touring pitches with power, these are on fairly level ground.
There is a toilet block with free showers, washing machine and dryer/shaverpoints/dishwashing/use of a freezer/payphone/childrens play area.
The cost for a tourer or motorhome and two people is £16.00 , additional adults £2.00 per night.
Cottages, Caravans and Camping near Betws-y-Coed, Snowdonia, North Wales

Regards, John

lazydays

Free Member
May 9, 2009
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
March 2009

John

Hi John,

Congratulations:thumb: we picked our motorhome up in march this year couldn't wait to get out in it. We stayed on a site at brean sands it was very cold that night -2 outside her indoors moaned and told me that if it gets to cold for her and the kids they would be staying at an hotel? So I put the blown air heating on in the van and it soon warmed up and we had a good nights sleep.

Since then we are never at home come weekends and holiday periods we are gone, come rain or shine. The kids love it and they are at their happiest when the are in the motorhome.

I hope your motorhome gives you many years of happyness and pleasure?::bigsmile:

Enjoy

Best of luck LAZYDAYS

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
OP
OP
John H

John H

Free Member
Sep 2, 2009
Anglesey
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
3rd year
We got on great thanks, came back nice and relaxed and looking forward to our next outing, we now know what we need next time out, quite a list :Smile: we'll have it all sorted for next time.

Regards, John

PS: have a look at my post in the Wales section of wildcamping, there are a couple of nice places there.

Last edited:

roger buckley

Free Member
Apr 16, 2009
northants
Funster No
MH
hymer c class
Exp
since 2007
first night m homing

Ho up properly pe you have a good time - our first night in ours two years ago ended up with us staying over in a pub car park in Sibston suffolk - not hooking up properly , and filling up with water via a bucket , that came straight out of the grey water outlet . we eventually sorted out the jigsaw of the bedding matresses by about midnight , and still laugh :ROFLMAO: about our experiences that night now !
We had a lovely fried breakfast at the pub in the morning !

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back