Places to stay in or close to Exmouth (1 Viewer)

Apr 25, 2016
Soham, Cambs
Funster No
MH
Consort Oslo
Exp
Since 2016
Well, after making my first post earlier today in the newcomers section, here we go with my first proper post!
We are first timers with a MH, and as such haven't as yet joined any clubs etc.
We quite like the idea of wild camping and staying on CL/CS's, pubs, nightstops, smaller locations etc. After reading a couple of very helpful threads on here, think we are going to initially join the CC& C and get the Britstops book.
Meantime, once we get our MH ( in a couple of weeks time hopefully), we are keen to get out and head off somewhere. So, Exmouth is an area that we are looking at. Can anyone recommend some places in or around Exmouth where we can initially look at to stay.
Many thanks.
Nigel & Sue.

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Was a newbie, now a Middie.
HMP Dartmoor. (y);) Only an hour away, full board and en suite. :)

Dec 2, 2010
Hollywood, Birmingham.
Funster No
MH
A Class Laika
Exp
Since 2011
The C&CC have a THS (Temporary Holiday Site) 12th to 26th June, you have to book for the whole period. It is on the rugby club next to the rail station and virtually next to the town centre for buses to Exeter, Budleigh etc. Devon Cliffs campsie is close but I would not go in main holiday period.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Nov 6, 2011
Worthing
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sky Ti
Exp
2001 to date
Last year we stayed on a CC CL on the other side of the estuary at Cockwood. Fantastic views and two pubs at the bottom of the hill. Bit of a bugger climbing back up after a few sherbert's, but it was a great spot. Easy access to rail and ferry to Exmouth.

Keith :cool:

Sep 14, 2009
uffculm mid devon
Funster No
MH
swift royale 59
Exp
Hi you can stay overnight on the seafront at Exmouth £5.00 per night until may 1st & £10.00 per night after that we stay there a lot great walk along the seafront happy travels Rod

OP
OP
Nigel L
Apr 25, 2016
Soham, Cambs
Funster No
MH
Consort Oslo
Exp
Since 2016
Hi you can stay overnight on the seafront at Exmouth £5.00 per night until may 1st & £10.00 per night after that we stay there a lot great walk along the seafront happy travels Rod
That's great, we did wonder, as when we were down there earlier in the year, there were a couple of motorhomes parked up, which had obviously stayed overnight. I'm sure that I read on one of the parking signs that overnight stays were prohibited, but was that for a bit further along towards the town centre along side the road?

Eamless

Free Member
Nov 29, 2013
London
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
The sea front is fine once you get past the crazy Golf. If you want to be in the town-centre and not the prom then you can stay overnight at The railway station. There is a CC at Topsham as well

OP
OP
Nigel L
Apr 25, 2016
Soham, Cambs
Funster No
MH
Consort Oslo
Exp
Since 2016
Thanks Eamless, that's exactly where we were thinking of, right next to the sea.
I was just a little concerned about the length of our MH, being 7.49m. But then it's not if its going to be full with holiday makers at that time of day.
Think that may now be our first trip out.
Thanks.

OP
OP
Nigel L
Apr 25, 2016
Soham, Cambs
Funster No
MH
Consort Oslo
Exp
Since 2016
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
Well, finally got delivery of our MH and headed off down south for a few days last week, on our first ever MH outing.
Spent two nights on site at Bath Marina, and then headed down to Exmouth where we stayed on the sea front for three nights:)
I must say, we were pleasantly surprised that we didn't have any major hiccups! ( probably due to the number of questions that I have ask in here!!!)
I was surprised just how many MH's there were parked at Exmouth on the front, probably 20 on Friday night, possibly more. At £11 for 24 hours, seems excellent value as well.
Our MH just fitted, without sticking out into the road too much. It will certainly be on the return list at sometime in the future.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back