3G Dongle (1 Viewer)

Apr 27, 2009
Departed Cabopino in Oct 17
Funster No
MH
Dakota
Exp
Fulltiming from 2010- 2017
Got my free dongle and all set up on Dell Laptop. Receives e-mails & logs on fine. However, only can send e-mails from my home address - but at several campsites - although getting signal - will not send e-mails. Any ideas?:cry:

Braunston

Free Member
May 21, 2008
Funster No
Hi,

Its something to do with not using your normal ISP, the best way I have found to over come the problem is sign up to a online email account, I find googlemail works the best for us.

www.googlemail.com

Just create a new account

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
when using a computer in a public library I find that if I go to the wedsite of my home service provider (Tiscali) I can log in and receive my mail direct via webmail.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

falcon

Free Member
Jun 20, 2009
Liverpool
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Got my free dongle and all set up on Dell Laptop. Receives e-mails & logs on fine. However, only can send e-mails from my home address - but at several campsites - although getting signal - will not send e-mails. Any ideas?:cry:

Its a simple matter of setting the outgoing mail (smtp) machine address in your Outlook or other mail client.

Normally you will have your incoming e.g. as mail.woden.com and your your outgoing as e.g. mail.woden.com but since you are using a mobile provider you need to ask them for that outgoing machine address. e.g mine with 3UK is smtp.mbb-three.co.uk .

Just ring them , Vodafone or other provider and it will work like a dream. Webmail is fine but a lot slower.

Francis

S

speechie

Deleted User
Dongle peculiarities

Hi Been using this dongle for nearly 18 months Very good when good, but tempremental at times and in differnt locations You may be able to download messages, but not have sufficient signal strenght / capacity to send at times?? Whereas your home signal could be very strong For example on motorway M20 through KEnt, there is effectively no signal until Maidstone. (getting closer to London) Camping sites may be a bit remote for full functionality?:winky:

May 22, 2008
Funster No
My 3 Dongle is pay as you use, I top up £15 monthly when in England and let it lapse when in Europe,I just re-liven it when I return home with a top up. Generally it works very well in most locations on my lap top and at home, we don't have a land line only the Dongle.I have no trouble sending E Mails or receiving them, I have three E Mail addresses ,Tiscali, Yahoo and Google [ I love the Google format ] and I never had to do any thing to set the Dongle up to use I only plugged it into my lap top first time and started to use it . If I want Internet whilst in mainland Europe I use WI FI if available or Western Union offices or Cyber Cafe's, works for me . Keep it simple is my motto.:thumb::thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back