Connecting to ignition position 1 (1 Viewer)

Sep 26, 2013
Market Rasen
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2003
Just fitted an electric step to the van but need to connect to the ignition switch on the number 1 position. Took the plastic off to have a look but it looked like a can of worms so put it back on quick before anything escaped. Has anyone connected something to the ignition and how did you do it. The step is working but I need to connect the relay to it so that the step retracts when the engine is started. Thought about the radio feed but that is now live all the time as it's in camper mode.

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
I used the 12v fridge feed (It's only live when the engine starts) to send a signal to lower my satellite dish when I start the engine.. .... .

I picked it up in the wardrobe next to the fridge.

You could also pick it up at the rear of the fridge..

Last edited:
OP
OP
Mikeco
Sep 26, 2013
Market Rasen
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2003
I used the 12v fridge feed to sent a signal to close my sat dish .... It's only live when the engine starts..

I used the 12v fridge feed to send a signal to close my satelite dish .... It's only live when the engine starts..

My fridge kicks in a few seconds after the van is running when the relay comes into play at around 13 volts or so, I will try that tomorrow to see if it works so thanks for the idea.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back