Tampering with number plates..... A big No!No! in Spain (1 Viewer)

bryandh

Free Member
Jan 17, 2011
Malaga, Spain
Funster No
MH
A Class. FFB Tabbert 570
Exp
Since 2010
A Malaga resident (Spanish) was this week sentenced to 9 months in jail for tampering with his number plates in an attempt to throw off the increasingly used ANPR system on the Costa del Sol and other Provinces in Spain. He apparently changed the letter C to a G using black electrical tape.......Nicked, big time!
Reason for this post?
More and more this year I have seen vehicles, of all nationalities, including many motorhomes from the UK with the national identity part of their number plates taped over, presumably for the same reason. It ain't worth it in the long run, don't try it in Spain!

Bryan

Armytwowheels

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
Carthago S Plus - Iveco
Exp
Since 2011
I have seen a few with the GB or D or whatever covered over and on some Aires and campsites the entire number plate is covered. I had thought this was more to do with people's fear at being targeted by the local nutter acting in Allah's name!

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
I have seen a few with the GB or D or whatever covered over and on some Aires and campsites the entire number plate is covered. I

Yes we saw quite a few who did that, asking for trouble doing it on the highway though.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back