Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
You need one of these: :D

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Seriously, depending on the type of fencing you have, it might be better to us a decorator's paint roller or even paint pad, instead of a sprayer as you'll get a better coat so won't end up going over bits again, and won't end up with it splattered everywhere and on you if the wind suddenly gets up! For rough fencing I used a decorator's paste brush with shortish bristles as this gets the paint in without a lot of splashing/mess.

Sprayers are okay but you actually do quite a bit of 'back and forth' with them to get every bit covered so I'd always use a brush/roller etc in preference.

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Dont know anyone who can paint it darlin ...but I know a few people who will sit on it for you. :) ..

Apr 13, 2012
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta Euroyacht
Exp
1996, then break 'til 2011
Dont know anyone who can paint it darlin ...but I know a few people who will sit on it for you. :) ..

...........people that sit on fences get splinters in their ****s:whistle:

;)

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp

Gorse Hill

Free Member
Feb 2, 2013
Stretford
Funster No
MH
Burnster Ixeo IT 734
Exp
Hard graft am afraid, no easy way
Just need to get stuck in and work like a dog all day(y)

Jul 29, 2013
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL A class
Exp
since 2011
Paint sprayers waste of money it's quicker and less mess with a brush and elbow grease

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
If you can bring the fence here I'll paint it for you! (y):ROFLMAO:

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Aug 09 to date 9,000 miles!
Unless you build it less substantially than Fort Knox, and have people waiting for buses sit on it with their fat arses and demolish the bloody thing, Yes - it probably will last a fair while.

Unlike you Shifty - we have at least that length of fence to replace completely since the people walking along the public right of way alongside the side of our house/gardens demolish it bit by bit by kicking it etc. Personally, I'd like to do flimsy cheap LarchLap look alike - with outward facing bloody big spikes on our side.

Imagine the surprise on their faces some dark night ROFLMAO!

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Unless you build it less substantially than Fort Knox, and have people waiting for buses sit on it with their fat arses and demolish the bloody thing, Yes - it probably will last a fair while.

Unlike you Shifty - we have at least that length of fence to replace completely since the people walking along the public right of way alongside the side of our house/gardens demolish it bit by bit by kicking it etc. Personally, I'd like to do flimsy cheap LarchLap look alike - with outward facing bloody big spikes on our side.

Imagine the surprise on their faces some dark night ROFLMAO!
We had to replace our front walls which had been 'attacked' one night by idiots on a drunken rampage ... they'd done a load of damage in the village and on their way home decided to push over our walls. As they were built of old brick (about 400 years old) it wasn't cheap and we had a hell of a job getting someone to do it - the cost was £3,900 (paid for by insurance). We ended up with a friend's son doing it (he had a landscaping business who did fences, walls, block paving etc too) so we did a deal with him to replace the front concrete 'yard' at the same time with block paving in exchange for us supplying him with the extra bricks he needed for the walls to replace quite a lot that weren't reusable so he didn't have to try to source/buy them (we'd taken down a large garage built form the same bricks so had loads), all we had to pay was £100 excess.

I'm not suggesting that your fence gets 'vandalised' of course but if it did at least you could claim for it ... do you ever get any rampaging hoards going down it and 'attacking it'?

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
It might be worth reading this before you start.
Anti-Vandal Paint and the Law
Under the Occupier's Liability Act 1984 householders owe a duty of care to anyone on their property, whether they are entitled to be there or not. The duty is to protect people from an injury as a result of a foreseen hazard. If anti-vandal paint has been applied to a fence and an intruder slips and injures himself as a result, this is something that the householder could have predicted. Householders could also be caught up by the Highways Act 1980 if anti-vandal paint is used on a wall or surface which adjoins a public highway. The Highways Act states that care must be taken to avoid "harm or injury" to any person or animal using the highway.:)

Dec 24, 2009
bedworth warks
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
2009 previously a tugger for thirty years
It's difficult to do that, with all the surrounding homes if a rampaging horde went along the jitty, shedloads of neighbours would be ringing the police, not just us!

Actually we'd need planning permission for the spikes too since they would be alongside a Public Highway !

OP
OP
ShiftZZ

ShiftZZ

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2008
Dark Side of the Moon
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2007
This is less than 1/2 of the fence that needs painting. Yes, Its me cutting the grass..

The far fence it about 8 feet high...
SHIFTY FENCE.jpg

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
Seriously, depending on the type of fencing you have, it might be better to us a decorator's paint roller or even paint pad, instead of a sprayer as you'll get a better coat so won't end up going over bits again, and won't end up with it splattered everywhere and on you if the wind suddenly gets up! For rough fencing I used a decorator's paste brush with shortish bristles as this gets the paint in without a lot of splashing/mess.

Sprayers are okay but you actually do quite a bit of 'back and forth' with them to get every bit covered so I'd always use a brush/roller etc in preference.
Yep, we have a fence sprayer - not that effective and a rough roller is more effective. Fence sprayer now relegated to being used for spraying Bobby dazzler over the van after cleaning

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
We had to replace our front walls which had been 'attacked' one night by idiots on a drunken rampage ... they'd done a load of damage in the village and on their way home decided to push over our walls. As they were built of old brick (about 400 years old) it wasn't cheap and we had a hell of a job getting someone to do it - the cost was £3,900 (paid for by insurance). We ended up with a friend's son doing it (he had a landscaping business who did fences, walls, block paving etc too) so we did a deal with him to replace the front concrete 'yard' at the same time with block paving in exchange for us supplying him with the extra bricks he needed for the walls to replace quite a lot that weren't reusable so he didn't have to try to source/buy them (we'd taken down a large garage built form the same bricks so had loads), all we had to pay was £100 excess.

I'm not suggesting that your fence gets 'vandalised' of course but if it did at least you could claim for it ... do you ever get any rampaging hoards going down it and 'attacking it'?
Does house insurance cover wooden fences? Ours doesn't. Brick walls ok but wood, no. Worth checking

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back