Free Member
Sep 28, 2015
WISBECH FENLAND
Funster No
MH
AUTOTRAIL APACHE
Exp
3 YEARS
If I am still down on anybodies list of potential attendees at any meets can you please delete me. Went to Malta for a 2 week break early in March and just got back. Wife caught Swine Flu and was hospitalised for 15 days. In intensive care and then air ambulance home. Will do a few local weekends away as soon as she is up to it but as she can quite suddenly lose her breath and need to totally relax Rallys are probably out this year.

As an aside.....only saw 3 motorhomes and 4 caravans on the Island....and 2 of the caravans were wrecks and 2 of the motorhomes were parked on a Roma campsite!!

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
What a awful end to your holiday, hope your wife stays on the road to recovery and things get back to normal for you .

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Sep 23, 2013
Lincs
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
Exp
Since 2008 (started in a VW T4 campervan)
Really sorry to hear that. Recovering from any virus is a slow process, so I imagine that one is a real long haul.

As @DavidG58 said, you had expressed an interest in the Music & Mechanicals meet. There was no commitment though, so I'll leave you as it stands - interested but not booked in. Then at least you will get notifications & as it's only local to you, there may be a chance to make a late decision if Mrs A is feeling rather better in a couple of months. It's supposed to be a relaxed weekend, so she can put her feet up & listen to some quiet acoustic music drifting across the campsite. :unsure:

Best wishes.

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
I hope all continues to improve (y) sounds like you are through the worst :)

I have had a look at your posts, you enquired about the music and mechanicals, but didn't commit

The only other interest you showed was for Peterborough which has now gone
WTF for the second two paragraphs? I know it may come as a shock but some folk have a life outside this forum and don't feel it necessary to report every bowel movement. What on earth inspired you to write something like that after the OP's opening statement on the background about his wife's illness?

And of for @APACHE 1988 I hope everything works out for your other half. Best wishes. :)

Hollyberry

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2011
New Forest.
Funster No
MH
None.
Exp
4yrs
get-well-soon-smileys-graphic.jpg

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
WTF for the second two paragraphs? I know it may come as a shock but some folk have a life outside this forum and don't feel it necessary to report every bowel movement. What on earth inspired you to write something like that after the OP's opening statement on the background about his wife's illness?

And of for @APACHE 1988 I hope everything works out for your other half. Best wishes. :)
Not sure what's 'offended' you DBK about David's post, all he's done is try to be helpful by letting the OP know what he had shown an interest in and saved him looking himself/so he won't feel he's letting anyone down by NOT personally informing them ... can't see anything wrong with that at all!

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough

I am not sure if I have missed your point, but not at all clear if you are really cross with what I wrote or trying to be funny?

I don't think I said anything that could offend o_O

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
@APACHE 1988 - so sorry to hear of your wife's illness, it must have been an awful time for both of you ... I hope she's soon up and about.(y)

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Not sure what's 'offended' you DBK about David's post, all he's done is try to be helpful by letting the OP know what he had shown an interest in and saved him looking himself/so he won't feel he's letting anyone down by NOT personally informing them ... can't see anything wrong with that at all!

I am not sure if I have missed your point, but not at all clear if you are really cross with what I wrote or trying to be funny?

I don't think I said anything that could offend o_O

I'm not going to bang on about this but did the OP ask about these issues? Don't bother responding, read the OP again.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
I'm not going to bang on about this but did the OP ask about these issues? Don't bother responding, read the OP again.
I have read the OP's post again, as I did before I posted above, and I'm still not sure what point you're trying to make out of all this ... so please DO 'bang on' and explain as obviously us numpties don't know!

alfandM

Free Member
Mar 12, 2012
sweden
Funster No
MH
A
Exp
Sad to read of your wife's illness, and hope for a speedy full recovery real soon for her,regards Alf and Marianne.

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
Hope Mrs Apache continues to improve.
get-well-soon-smileys-graphic.jpg

scousebird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 18, 2012
South East Kent
Funster No
MH
Bailey
Exp
March 2012
Hope Mrs Apache 1988 is feeling better soon and can be enjoying the sunshine again, wherever it may be

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
Any idea how she managed to contract swine flu in Malta. I was there last year and never heard any reports before or since. Speedy recovery to your wife..

big map

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 8, 2009
Poole
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2009
Any idea how she managed to contract swine flu in Malta. I was there last year and never heard any reports before or since. Speedy recovery to your wife..
Apparently there are quite a few cases in the Warwickshire area currently. Not an epidemic though.

Feb 22, 2014
Grantham
Funster No
MH
Rapido Le Randonneur
Exp
Since 2015
Get well very soon Mrs @APACHE 1988. Rest, relax and recouperate. Take your time. Do what makes you feel good.

OP
OP
APACHE 1988

APACHE 1988

Free Member
Sep 28, 2015
WISBECH FENLAND
Funster No
MH
AUTOTRAIL APACHE
Exp
3 YEARS
Well Buttons we are now unsure that she did not actually export the Flu to Malta. The season for Swine Flu in Malta is very much Winter. There had not been a Maltese in the main Mater Dei hospital with the flu since mid February but there were 4 British people in Intensive Care Unit at the same time as Denise. I had the Flu Jab this year having turned 65 and one of the main strains of flu included in the serum was Swine Flu as it was rampant in some parts of the world. I developed a small but persistent cough that hung on some weeks. Denise did not have the jab but developed full steam ahead flu almost as soon as we reached Malta. From me?? She is improving daily and gets the latest results of her chest x rays and blood tests tomorrow morning.....fingers crossed. We are both amazed and touched by the responses from fellow club members on this forum...thanks.

OP
OP
APACHE 1988

APACHE 1988

Free Member
Sep 28, 2015
WISBECH FENLAND
Funster No
MH
AUTOTRAIL APACHE
Exp
3 YEARS
Denise is not much of a one for posting on forums and so on but she has just asked me to put something on here to let you know how grateful she is for your kind thoughts and wishes. Hope to meet some of you "in the flesh" later in the season.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Denise is not much of a one for posting on forums and so on but she has just asked me to put something on here to let you know how grateful she is for your kind thoughts and wishes. Hope to meet some of you "in the flesh" later in the season.
It will be nice to meet you too but I might take some precautions! :D

il_340x270.786994180_l3fq.jpg

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back