Zummerzet
Funster No
MH
27ft Eurolight
Exp
Camping Caravaning now 5'ering 49 years
Retrofestival aka Wings Wheels & Speed 12/13/14 AUGUST 2016

NO GENERATORS

Club Camping 11th to midday 15th - the area will be directly behind the show line
and you have the option of EHU for £30 for the duration of the show - excellent
value for if the weather is good enough for Air Cons to be needed !! Please bear
in mind that EHU will be on one side of the area so if you want to be with a friend
and they want EHU then you need to book EHU as well and please arrive
together - it difficult enough for marshals to park up 50 ish units in short order
without trying to keep areas vacant for others to arrive. Our club area is within the
confines of the show area so some vehicle movement may be restricted at certain
times of the day based on what is happening in the show ring - please be patient

The Show - this is the biggest show that Retro has ever put on - everything is
booked and paid for however if an act or display fails to appear there may be
substitutes which are already to hand. By the way next years show is planned to
be even bigger I am told and the site booked for the next 5 years !!

I am sending out forms to all those who have previously attended - if you have not
received by 21st April please contact me by PM with a current email address.

If you are new to Retrofestival and would like to attend - you will be made very
welcome please PM me your email address and I will forward forms to you​

OP
OP
Landy lover

Landy lover

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2009
Zummerzet
Funster No
MH
27ft Eurolight
Exp
Just to clarify if you look on the RETRO web site it will say NO EHU

PLEASE NOTE WE DO HAVE EHU in our area

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Got our form already - thank you @Landy lover :) Great value at £99 (2 adults) Thursday to Monday for camping in a prime position & tickets for the show & all the entertainment at Retrofestival (y) Extra over 16 years olds are £20 & younger ones are free. EHU is £30 more for the duration but not available in general camping. Toilets & showers are available.
If booking direct adult tickets are £45 each, Children age 11-16 are £20 (so over 16 classed as additional adult) & camping is £50 so great possible savings to be made by booking on the rally. For us 2 with a 17 year old son that's £66 cheaper by booking in on the rally!
We hope to be working as volunteers for Retrofestival but if they don't want/need us :unsure: we will book in on the rally:D
Either way we plan to be there & joining in with Fun:party2:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Know that some missed out on Retrofestival before so sending this to @Spots @Targetpaster @themogs @scammellmanswife @Taran_Las @Steve @Peter & Elaine @The Wino @Forestboy @bungy @Allan & Loren who have expressed an interest before. Hope I haven't missed anyone - those that went last year will automatically be sent a form by Landy lover & can see that Lenny HB spotted this before us.
Please forgive me if I keep bumping this thread up but know that once it disappears out of Recent threads some might not spot it & there is potential for this to become a great addition to the yearly Fun rally programme!

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Useful links https://www.facebook.com/RetroFestivalUK/?fref=ts
http://www.retrofestival.co.uk/
788802_1_retro-festival_eflyer.jpg

Fletton

Free Member
Oct 19, 2014
Lincolnshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sky I Plus 650LG
Exp
First MoHo - April 2015
Hi... Just tried Google to establish where and what it is ... But only get
Wing & Wheels 27th 28th Aug...

Any more info :)

John T

Edit: Ha ... Post above posted whilst i was faffin posting on phone

Edit edit: Oooh!.. Must have a word wi SHMBO ... When she arrives home from worky... :)

OP
OP
Landy lover

Landy lover

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2009
Zummerzet
Funster No
MH
27ft Eurolight
Exp
Nice and central at Newbury show ground just 5 mins off the M4

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
I'm in (y)
First rally/festival - ooer :p.
I'm a solo but there look like there's enough going on to keep me out of mischief :whistle:.
Definitely lots to see & do plus sure you will get a warm welcome from other Funsters - I'm working on trying to get as many to come along as possible! Would encourage anyone who hasn't tried a rally to come along - join in or do your own thing with no pressure :)

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
For anyone who is considering this but also wants to try Bristol Balloon Festival why not do Thursday day & night there then come to Retro on Friday so you get the best of both worlds!
When we went to the Balloon Festival last year it was busy but pleasant to walk around on the Thursday & the Nightglow that night was great. There were the same things to see again including the Nightglow on the Saturday but it was really crowded & we were told that night they had stopped letting people in at the gate for safety :eek: We went twice as we wanted our son to see it as it really is a great experience but we were lucky enough to be on the roof of a hospitality box so up out of the madding crowds :) Would love to go again on the Thursday but the Saturday was a bit too crazy with crowds for us but then we are quiet country folk! See http://www.motorhomefun.co.uk/forum/threads/balloon-festival-2016.122502/ about where to camp. The live bands at Retro start on the Friday according to the website.

Last edited:

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Guess the clash with Malvern is affecting immediate take up on this one but hopefully enough Funsters to go around?! Would encourage newbies / rally "virgins" to give it a go as plenty to do & see http://www.retrofestival.co.uk/ with great rally discount & you don't have to talk to us other Funsters unless you want to! To PM Landy lover for a form just click on his forum picture then on Start A Conversation.

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
I've been getting some practice in for it, a bit rusty having been away for the last couple of months. Sunday went to a Tea Dance, Monday night Lindy Hop lessons and last night Balboa lessons, knackered now.:LOL:

Mar 26, 2009
Yr Wyddgrug
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL
Exp
Since 2009
Guess the clash with Malvern is affecting immediate take up on this one but hopefully enough Funsters to go around?! Would encourage newbies / rally "virgins" to give it a go as plenty to do & see http://www.retrofestival.co.uk/ with great rally discount & you don't have to talk to us other Funsters unless you want to! To PM Landy lover for a form just click on his forum picture then on Start A Conversation.

OK you've convinced me:LOL::LOL::LOL:

Cheque now sent(y)

Spots

Free Member
May 8, 2015
Reading
Funster No
MH
Compass Avantgard
Exp
I'm a newbie
Please please may I have a form as have not heard back from Landy Lover. Thanks

OP
OP
Landy lover

Landy lover

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2009
Zummerzet
Funster No
MH
27ft Eurolight
Exp
Plenty of time to book yet so sure @Landy lover will get back to you once he has a chance.

All sent now - Plenty of time for people to book and there is plenty of space - the organisers have just given us a bit more room !!!

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Retro are running a free shuttle bus to & from Newbury station http://www.retrofestival.co.uk/info/travel/ so ideal if you have friends or family that might come in by train to visit. Having looked at Google Maps https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@51.3983995,-1.3220213,442m/data=!3m1!1e3 for the train station it looks like it's a walkable distance into the town if you need provisions, cashpoint etc (y) There is a Sainsburys that looks close to the station but dual carriageway in between so don't know if there is a safe, easy route on foot.

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
If anyone who knows Newbury can help point out nearest place for cashpoint & basic supplies like bread & milk within easy walking distance of the train station that may be helpful? That way we won't have to spend too much time away from the Festival - just a quick shop & pop back on the free bus :) There is a public bus stop at the Showground entrance too.

Last edited:

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Just spotted this in FAQ
"Is there a free shuttle bus?
Yes, it picks up from Newbury train station and drops you off at the show entrance. First pick up at train station is 0945 going via Travelodge at Chieveley Services
Then on the hour till 10pm last bus from show is 11pm to train station."

There are cashpoints, M&S Simply Food, WH Smith & WiFi at Chieveley Services so that's us sorted if we need to top up supplies (y)

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
For those interested in dancing there are even dance classes :dance2:

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
There will be lots of classic cars & motorbikes - up to 1000 of them!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back