Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
Yesterday and today I went to work with the strimmer trying to hold back the march of nature on the piece of land that I have bought and call "Quinta Majay". I cleared a space for my Hymer and spent a gloriously peaceful night...

Am now trying to work out it's gps position so touring Funsters will know where it is...

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Yesterday and today I went to work with the strimmer trying to hold back the march of nature on the piece of land that I have bought and call "Quinta Majay". I cleared a space for my Hymer and spent a gloriously peaceful night...

Am now trying to work out it's gps position so touring Funsters will know where it is...

Hi . looking good , have you found water yet ?

To find your GPS location, If you don't have a sat nav unit .. go to Google maps, find your plot, zoom in, then right click on the map, then click on 'what's here' and the lat long will be shown in the search bar ..

jim

OP
OP
JJ

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
Thanks Jim... just made a map with Google Maps but then managed to lose it in cyberspace!

However I reckon I can do it right next time... (tomorrow maybe?)

Both wells are currently dry and am in the process of trying to find out the best course of action to take. Either paying for a borehole or paying for a man/men to dig one of the current wells a bit deeper. One of them is only about two metres deep while the other one is more like fifteen...

JJ

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
I suggest the first hole was a trial bore that made them decide to move it elsewhere. Are there any signs of ever having had water in either of them I wonder or did they never find water there and decided to sell the land to that mad Englishman, hee hee
See you at Shepton.

Last edited:
OP
OP
JJ

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
Good point Roger but they both had water in them when I took the land over... I didn't spot any wheel tracks where the water lorry could have come to pour some in before my six visits!!!

I'm not too worried right now as I'm sure there is a local well digger just waiting to get his hands on some contents of that "funny Englishman's wallet"

By the way, I don't have a musical instrument for Shepton but I know a couple of stonking card tricks!!!

JJ

PS. the less deep well is on a lower part of the land and normally has loads of the runny stuff...

Last edited:

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
probably just dried up in summer. roll on winter bet the water table rises n they get wet again.you need a bowser making up one of those 1000ltr pallet thingies in a cage.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back