Mar 23, 2016
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2012
Hi folks,

Just wondering if there is anyone in Funsterland with a Hymer that has those heating vents underneath the windows in the bed area? Like very narrow grills, below which run blown air tubes with a few slots cut in them?

We've only had 3 nights in ours, but as yet have felt no warmth from these vents whether on gas or electricity, even when closing all the butterfly vents elsewhere. Just wondering if this is normal and its just meant to be really gentle to avoid condensation etc, or whether we should be able to detect heat emanating easily?

Thanks!!

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Now we are talking about the same type as in my van.
My van has the metal slotted outs along the full length of the single beds and they do a good job of warming up the bed area. The air flow is quite low and the heating does need to be on for about half an hour before they get warm.
Hymer always appear to set the heating up so that the bedroom area is cooler than the lounge, our last Hymer it was bloody freezing, I fitted an extra vent under the bed, present van very pleased with the heat distribution.

OP
OP
HarryBasilNigel

HarryBasilNigel

Free Member
Mar 23, 2016
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2012
That's really helpful to know thank you for taking the time to reply.

I suspect I will come to find that ours is fine. With a new van I tend to worry about how long the snag list is going to be, but so far with this one I've found anything that seems not quite right is either down to my stupidity or, as I suspect here, is carefully designed that way for a reason.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Apr 15, 2015
Whitchurch, Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago E-Line 50
Exp
Since May 2011
It's the same in my 2012 Hymer B614SL (Transverse bed over a garage). Air flow through the vents under the windows in the bedroom is very low but it is there. Seems to keep the area warm enough though. The ones under the windows in the lounge seem to have much more air flow. The one on the left of the van is better than the one on the right.
Heater is a Truma 6kw blown air system. The whole system belts plenty of heat out.

Mike

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
That's really helpful to know thank you for taking the time to reply.

I suspect I will come to find that ours is fine. With a new van I tend to worry about how long the snag list is going to be, but so far with this one I've found anything that seems not quite right is either down to my stupidity or, as I suspect here, is carefully designed that way for a reason.
What do you expect it's a Hymer.:D

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back