Free Member
Sep 6, 2014
Dover
Funster No
MH
Hymer ML I 580
Exp
4 years
Now I have almost certainly decided on an EEC sources Hymer, I need to know more about the headlamp question on 'A' class units.
Do they ACTUALLY need to be changed for UK ones. I thought they might be Euro units that can be changed by moving the reflectors somehow, The reason that I ask is that to put NEW units in just to pass the Test of Britishness is rather horrendous. If they can be flattened without changing units how is it actually done? Judge might well be the one to ask but I am asking about Mercedes base and not Fiat units. It is for a new 1016 vehicle, the rear foglamps are no problem neither is the speedo markings. Anybody out there that knows?

andrewjw

Free Member
Oct 23, 2014
Devon
Funster No
MH
La Strada Regent L
Exp
20 years plus
The headlights [xenon] on our 2014 Merc based PVC have a small lever on each light which enables them to be changed to dip either to the left or the right...hopefully yours are the same..move the lever one way for the UK and the the other for everywhere else...simples!(y)

SandraL

Free Member
Jan 24, 2012
Somerset
Funster No
MH
Hymer b694sl
Exp
Since 2012 + Caravanner for 20+ years
If it is A class then base vehicle headlamps are not used. If same as 2007 onward hymer A class lamps then it is just move the lever. Lamps made for hymer by Hella. My 2012 hymer is imported LHD, just lamplever for UK mot.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
GWAYGWAY

GWAYGWAY

Free Member
Sep 6, 2014
Dover
Funster No
MH
Hymer ML I 580
Exp
4 years
Is that all there is to move them over does it apply to the newer??? types, I think they are single bulb units for each beam with their own reflector, I haven't looked very closely at the whole unit but it would make sense NOT to have special units for the smaller UK market.

andrewjw

Free Member
Oct 23, 2014
Devon
Funster No
MH
La Strada Regent L
Exp
20 years plus
The lever on the lamps in our van is below the lamp...easily found if you have a feel around...if you have one you won't miss it!

Jul 5, 2013
Tunbridge Wells, Tunbridge Wells, UK
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
The headlights [xenon] on our 2014 Merc based PVC have a small lever on each light which enables them to be changed to dip either to the left or the right...hopefully yours are the same..move the lever one way for the UK and the the other for everywhere else...simples!(y)
So does our Hymer. But I have been told (by @Lenny HB I think) all that does it flatten the dip. It does not convert it from left to right.

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
So does our Hymer. But I have been told (by @Lenny HB I think) all that does it flatten the dip. It does not convert it from left to right.
They do not dip 'right' here just up=main beam , down = dip .
kerb area is not lit & therefore the flat rhd setting will suffice for UK beam test.

Jenben

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 19, 2015
Uk
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis I
Exp
Since 2007
I think any 2016 Hymer A class van using the Hella integrated lamps ( from around 2007 I think) can be converted from LHD beam pattern to a flat beam via the internal lever and this is an acceptable option when applying for UK conformity. I believe RHD vans do have different lamps with the correct RHD pattern but these are not required to pass the conformity requirements.

There is a possible exception for the new Hymer B Dynamic range which use a new design of lamp. I suspect these will be OK but dont think anyone has seen them properly yet.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back