Safefill refillable gas cylinders (1 Viewer)

Oct 26, 2014
Dumfries and Galloway
Funster No
MH
Pilote P696GJ
Exp
Have just bought a safefill refillable cylinders for the motorhome is the LPG that petrol stations sell compatible with ALDE heating systems .

Dec 10, 2013
South Staffs
Funster No
MH
Pilote P740GJ
Exp
Since 2013
I am not certain but you may find a lot of filling stations wont let you refill them, but I am sure someone will be along with all the facts.

OP
OP
Neil S
Oct 26, 2014
Dumfries and Galloway
Funster No
MH
Pilote P696GJ
Exp
I am not certain but you may find a lot of filling stations wont let you refill them, but I am sure someone will be along with all the facts.

I have heard that some petrol stations don't allow it but I manage to fill it ok at a shell station near Chester today

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Nov 3, 2013
Portugal
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato Auto Wildax
Exp
C/van since '73 .M/h.2009
Hi.
Have had Safefill bottles when a certain M/m builder said fitting a bulk tank underneath would invalidate the warranty,(Guess who fits them now ?). No trouble what so ever here and over there.
Safefill, have dedicated filling stations all over the UK. SOME,not ALL, people have had trouble filling with LPG/GPL on the continent with ALL manner of set ups,the easiest system to use appears to be a dedicated fitted filler connection to the side of the vehicle,this then appears to any onlooker,your vehicle is LPG/GPL adapted,this is possible to do with Safefill. Opening lockers etc is a bit of a give away,good advice on here is to go and fill the "Gas" Tanks/Bottles first,rather than the Derv first,it is a bit of a giveaway ,then if refused,go to the next outlet.
Best of luck.
Tea Bag

Jackyboy61

Free Member
Jun 6, 2014
North Wales
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
Since 2007
Had gaslo bottles for about 6years bought the kit at a show and fitted myself dead easy and transfers them over when I changed motor homes no problem in filling in the uk or France or Spain you need to buy the adapters to fit the two country's ,but if you are not happy or confident in the DIY bit there are several firms that will fit for you just google M Home LPG tanks .

Paul and Jeannette

Free Member
Oct 10, 2011
lincoln, lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
coach
Exp
20 years on and off
I am considering fitting refillable gas cylinders. the safefill seems the cheapest but there does seem to be am issue with being allowed to fill them at stations.
reading various articles I am still none the wiser as to which is best, any help woulod be great.

Paul and Jeannette

Free Member
Oct 10, 2011
lincoln, lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
coach
Exp
20 years on and off
I am considering fitting refillable gas cylinders. the safefill seems the cheapest but there does seem to be am issue with being allowed to fill them at stations.
reading various articles I am still none the wiser as to which is best, any help woulod be great.

OP
OP
Neil S
Oct 26, 2014
Dumfries and Galloway
Funster No
MH
Pilote P696GJ
Exp
Hi Sammy since I posted the original question is have changed to Autogas 2000 refillable 11kg cylinders which are permanently fitted in my motorhome and have an external filling point.
I had several refusals in Spain , France and the UK with safefill cylinders so changed to a more permanent system and have no problems filling anywhere .

Nov 3, 2014
Devizes, Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
For ten years
I have been refused a couple of times in Portugal but ok so far in Spain and France but fear that all garages are tightening up on this even though Safefill have a cut off feature. Will be ringing them on my return to Uk to see if they have found a solution to this.

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland

you can buy theBroken Link Removedcomplete with external fill point kit.. for £181.99 .... £8 more than the same size Safefill ..

no brainer..

Sep 24, 2013
Norwich
Funster No
MH
Carthago A class
Exp
Since 2014
And I believe they are offering the uprated 4 valve "Plus" version for the same price (was about £40 more). That was of Friday last week when I was looking at their website.

Dognewf

Free Member
Nov 4, 2015
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
lunar newstar
Exp
1 whole year now
visited Autogas Leisure last Friday and had one refillable 6KG bottle fitted with external filling point. great service there. so now have one refillable and one calor. covered for most situations. this was after reading all the threads on here so thanks everyone for the steer.

Sep 16, 2010
Bungay Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Autotrail TrackerEKS
Exp
Since 2010
Got 2 Gas-It 11kg permanently fitted as per Scotlandjim.
2 years filling with no problem on this van and 2 years when they were on the last van.
Greece, Germany, Spain, Portugal, Austria.
Go for it !!
Mitch.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back