Sometimes it needs a woman's touch ....! (1 Viewer)

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
This morning, whilst waiting at the side of the road for a man to come along (stop it you smutty lot!), actually for Steve (aka Ash) to do the habitation service on our camper, I heard a couple of Funsters talking when one mentioned that Ash was at the show and might be able to sort it out (whatever 'it' was) so I wandered over and told them I was waiting for him to come over, intending that they could ask him about 'it' whilst he was there.

They explained that with it being cold overnight the frost protection valve had activated and dumped the contents of the MH's boiler but they were unable to get the valve to close so assumed there was a fault. I had a shuftie at it and pulled it up fully and it stayed up, I then explained the use of the bit of plastic with a slot in it (old piece of credit card) to put under the valve knob to keep it in place (along with a warning to ensure it isn't left like that if there is a frost/cold weather expected).

Although they'd tried themselves to get the knob to stay up it wasn't having it ... so obviously it needed the 'female touch'! :D

OP
OP
Minxy

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Or it had warmed up a bit;)
Well he tried it again and it wouldn't stay up, then I tried it immediately after and it did ... not saying any more about my 'magic hands'! :X3:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Apr 18, 2009
Englishman in Mid Wales
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584, A Class
Exp
Not long enough!
Mmm I'm not adding any more to that other than I'd prefer your hands to his on mine too:giggler:

Although having not met ether of you maybe I should keep my big mouth shut:tmi:

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
to make it a 'real womans touch' you should have used a clothes peg, :LOL::LOL:

that's was what held ours up before we moved onto current MH with the Alde

Jun 30, 2010
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
1992 VW Auto sleeper Mono
Exp
Since 2005 this time
Well he tried it again and it wouldn't stay up, then I tried it immediately after and it did ... not saying any more about my 'magic hands'! :X3:

There you go Fellas! if you want it to stay up, send for Minxy!:hi5:

Oct 24, 2015
Helgas house
Funster No
MH
hymer e650 battered!!
Exp
None
Minxy,,, please come to see me,, mine hasn't stayed up for ages!! Xxx.

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009
It was muddy at Peterbrough!!;)
Why what did you think?!

roadster55

Free Member
Apr 15, 2016
Deepest Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
On and off for 20 years
Although they'd tried themselves to get the knob to stay up it wasn't having it ... so obviously it needed the 'female touch'! :D[/QUOTE]

I SAY MATRON

roadster55

Free Member
Apr 15, 2016
Deepest Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
On and off for 20 years
This morning, whilst waiting at the side of the road for a man to come along (stop it you smutty lot!), actually for Steve (aka Ash) to do the habitation service on our camper, I heard a couple of Funsters talking when one mentioned that Ash was at the show and might be able to sort it out (whatever 'it' was) so I wandered over and told them I was waiting for him to come over, intending that they could ask him about 'it' whilst he was there.

They explained that with it being cold overnight the frost protection valve had activated and dumped the contents of the MH's boiler but they were unable to get the valve to close so assumed there was a fault. I had a shuftie at it and pulled it up fully and it stayed up, I then explained the use of the bit of plastic with a slot in it (old piece of credit card) to put under the valve knob to keep it in place (along with a warning to ensure it isn't left like that if there is a frost/cold weather expected).

Although they'd tried themselves to get the knob to stay up it wasn't having it ... so obviously it needed the 'female touch'! :D

Minxy Girl I've had a tip-off that you're the one who knows most about buying on ebay (judging by this post "other" things too!), but if you have any tips for a prospective buyer dealing with a private seller, as opposed to a dealer, please see my thread just started in this section. Thanks.

Jun 30, 2010
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
1992 VW Auto sleeper Mono
Exp
Since 2005 this time
She gave me great advice about using Wellies !!(y)

Just a word of warning dear heart!:rolleyes: if @ShiftZZ @Chris or any other folk from the Western Colony of Wales, mention Wellies, and Velcro in the same sentence,- - - - - -
-
-
-
-
-
RUN AWAY!:cool:

OP
OP
Minxy

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Sorry boys and girls, I've been busy so this is the first chance I've had to have a shuftie at the forum today! As the Great Dick Emery would say "ooooo, you are awful ... but I like you!" ... :D

OP
OP
Minxy

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
to make it a 'real womans touch' you should have used a clothes peg, :LOL::LOL:

that's was what held ours up before we moved onto current MH with the Alde
The chap had a peg, rather a large blue one actually, but it was just plastic so didn't have the strength to hold the knob up, you can beat an old style wooden one (this is NOT meant to be smutty but a statement of fact! :rolleyes:).

The thin plastic, eg bit of old credit card, is what he needed.

OP
OP
Minxy

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Minxy,,, please come to see me,, mine hasn't stayed up for ages!! Xxx.
Not what you've been saying on your 'holiday' thread! :LOL:

OP
OP
Minxy

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Bloody hell "Minxy" !!!
Are you going to Thetford ????
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Mitch...
Sorry to disappoint you Mitch but I'm afraid not ... I'll be away in Austria/Germany/Croatia ... or wherever we end up, until well into June so you'll either have to try to persuade one of the other forum ladies to give you a hand, or try to discover your 'feminine side' if you need the gentle touch! :X3:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back