Un-known switch (1 Viewer)

SJM

Free Member
Aug 17, 2009
Funster No
Hiya folks,

we have recently bought our first motorhome, a 2004 registered 2003 model Bessacarr E425.
There is a switch on the main control panel over the door at the far right which has an "A" in a circle with little lines around it (rather like a sun drawn by a child) at the top and "ON" at the bottom. I presume it turns something from automatic to on, but I cant work out what it controls.
We have the owners manual but it refers to the later digital type control board so its no help.

thanks in advance

stu

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
sounds to me like an Awning light switch (outside) so you can't see anything happen when you switch it. By maybe others will know for sure, easy to check anyway.

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
has an "A" in a circle with little lines around it (rather like a sun drawn by a child) at the top and "ON" at the bottom.
stu

DON'T SWITCH THAT SWITCH.

That "sun" is the atomic pile. You activate the automatic destruct sequence in the event you are under attack on the E73 near Barcelona and don't want to be taken alive. Just make sure you stare into the eyes of the Banditos, with an enigmatic smile, and one last thought "&^%$ you Bandito".

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Has it got an electric step? What about locker lights? Can you post a photo of it?:Smile:

OP
OP
SJM

SJM

Free Member
Aug 17, 2009
Funster No
Thanks for the replys chaps.

It doesn't seem to have any effect on the working of the electric step with or without the ignition. Its not the awning light, that has its own switch in the cupboard. Nor does it have any lockers let alone a locker light.

I'll take a pic of it and post it tomorrow.

Cheers

stu

Jun 18, 2008
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
Since June 2008
We have a switch above the door that opens the valve to dump grey water, could it be that?

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
perhaps not even connected to anything.....can you get to the back of the control panel to see if it has wires attached ?

could also be a fresh or waste water tank heater......stops it freezing in winter.

Last edited:
S

sinbad1

Deleted User
sounds like an entry light

Link Removed

Last edited by a moderator:

SwiftGroup

Free Member
Jan 10, 2008
Funster No
Switch

Hi Stu.

The switch is I'm sure originally intended as the awning light control. What may be causing a little confusion is that the awning light has its own switch too - the intention is that the switch on the awning light is left 'on', with the switch on the control panel then controlling the light. This may have been changed.

Thanks
Mick

OP
OP
SJM

SJM

Free Member
Aug 17, 2009
Funster No
Yep, just been out and tried it. Its a second switch for the awning light which saves you reaching into the cupboard to turn it on or off.

Cheers to Wildman and Mick

Stu

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back