Free Member
Apr 17, 2016
Northampton
Funster No
MH
Elddis AutoStratus EK
Exp
we're on our 3rd motorhome (so far...)
joined your website to find out about rallies we can attend and also to see if anyone on here has the same motorhome (or similar) so we can get a couple of answers to a few issues. your forum members seem very knowledgable (and appear to have very good sense of humours!)

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Howdy and welcome to the fun house.

Are you a fella or a female? :D

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
M

mrsupton

Free Member
Apr 17, 2016
Northampton
Funster No
MH
Elddis AutoStratus EK
Exp
Hello everyone,
we like to keep thing simple: I'm a female (mrs upton) and my husband is a fella (mr upton). I get to do the admin by setting up a username/account but really it's him who needs to know why our lesiure battery isn't charging. we bought the battery brand new a few months back but we're having no joy.
is it supposed to charge while you drive along? we drove 4 hours today in the van but it's got no juice.

Bacchus

Free Member
Jul 27, 2015
Staines
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer
Exp
since 2011
is it supposed to charge while you drive along?

Very much so! Do you (or Mr Supton) have a battery charger that you could use overnight to see whether the battery takes a charge that way to ascertain whether it's the battery or the charging system that's at fault?

There will be more knowledgeable peeps on here by the way, but that's what I would try first. the knowledgeable ones may wish to know what age/model your MoHo is.

Welcome by the way, this is a very valuable and entertaining forum.

Aug 15, 2014
Exiled in Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Pilote 600L
Exp
Since 2006
Welcome mr and mrs upton, yes the battery should charge whilst you are driving, other than that I would wait for a technical bod to reply to you, have fun.

OP
OP
M

mrsupton

Free Member
Apr 17, 2016
Northampton
Funster No
MH
Elddis AutoStratus EK
Exp
our motorhome home is an Elddis AutoStratus EK (can't remember the year at this time of night but I know it's a P reg) on a Peugeot Boxer
so we're on the right track then that it should be charging while we're driving. now we've plugged the van in on our mains electric tonight so we can see if the battery charges that way.
thanks for your comments so far.

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
Now then Mrs U, as it is quite likely only you and me left on at this time of night, let me ask you a question

first, yes to your original question, then I suggest again that you create a new thread with the specific problem, we identified yesterday that some of us, or at least me, don't interact as well as we might with 'introduce yourself' threads

do not be put off by my ramblings, you will get far worse if you hang around long enough (y)

Last edited:

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
right then p reg elddis so the split charge relay is likely on the bulkhead in the engine bay, look for a wire coming from the battery either with a fuse near the battery or running to a couple of fuses next to relays. check the fuses frst, then check the relays. one is the split charger the other for the fridge whilst the engine is running. then do the obvious, and check the leisure battery is connected tightly with no corrosion
as i recall, the control panel has a switch which is centre off, a either leisure battery or van battery to select power source and which battery receives a charge from the mains charger

OP
OP
M

mrsupton

Free Member
Apr 17, 2016
Northampton
Funster No
MH
Elddis AutoStratus EK
Exp
cheers! I'll get him to try your suggestions tomorrow after work.
night

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
downloadfile-2.gif

WynandJean

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 23, 2010
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 682
Exp
Since 2010
Hello and welcome from West Midlands.

Wyn

Mel

Free Member
Oct 6, 2012
De Haan Belgium
Funster No
MH
Caravan LMC
Exp
Since 2010 Caravan since 1995
Welcome to Fun

Mel & Lieve

CWH

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 29, 2014
UK
Funster No
MH
WildAx PVC
Exp
From November 2013
Hello and welcome to the Fun
upload_2016-4-18_9-26-1.png

Just a gentle hint @mrsupton - you only get 5 'free' posts on here so as you've done 4 so far you really need to join, it's only £15 per year, as you've already found out it's the best £15 you'll ever spend!
Top place for information & fun.

OP
OP
M

mrsupton

Free Member
Apr 17, 2016
Northampton
Funster No
MH
Elddis AutoStratus EK
Exp
Thank you very much for all the messages.

we (he) put the battery on trickle charge last night, and now when he just went out to the van he says the internal lights are working when it's switched to battery mode. so that's a good start. the plan is to charge it till the weekend and then we (he) can test out the battery again and see if it holds the charge/runs flat really quick etc.

thanks again.

Brian and Jo

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 24, 2007
oswestry,shropshire
Funster No
MH
A-Class N+B Arto 88F
Exp
Been motorhoming for 15yrs.had an American RV for 7yrs,Now got a Niesmann Bischoff Arto 88F
Hi there and welcome to MHF(y)
Brian & Jo

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back