new member (1 Viewer)

B

bigh

Deleted User
hi,have just joined today ,my wife& i areboth retired & we have a Lunar 620 van which we have had for six years during this time she has give us much pleasure.We are now looking for wild camp sites to bring the costs of camping down hope this does not sound that we are a Mr & Mrs scrooge. Have been told by so many people that its a great way to camp so we intend to give it a go.Im hoping that we can find some good sites.Looking forward to hearing from you all so we can start our new adventures. We live in Scotland about four MLS from G retna green

6pm Cowboy

Free Member
Jun 26, 2009
South Oxfordshire
Funster No
MH
none ( yet )
Exp
0 - but I live in hope
Hi and welcome to fun ( makes a change for me to get in first :Smile:)

I am not sure whether you mean 'sites' or 'locations'. Wild camping sites are a bit of a contradiction in terms.

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Hi BigH, welcome to the Fun:thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

DESCO

Free Member
Mar 11, 2009
London
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
18 years +12 years tugging
:welcome: bigh to MH Fun

Go for it enjoy life, you have plenty of wild spots to camp right on your door step.

Dave:thumb::thumb:

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
hi and welcome to the fun, you really are lucky living in Scotland as there is a much more relaxed attitude to wild parking there, note I sais parking not camping, when wilding it is not generally aceptable to roll out awning and set up camp. keep everything in the van and move frequently and you should be fine.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

bazfergy

Free Member
Apr 20, 2009
dumfries scotland
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
5 years
hi,have just joined today ,my wife& i areboth retired & we have a Lunar 620 van which we have had for six years during this time she has give us much pleasure.We are now looking for wild camp sites to bring the costs of camping down hope this does not sound that we are a Mr & Mrs scrooge. Have been told by so many people that its a great way to camp so we intend to give it a go.Im hoping that we can find some good sites.Looking forward to hearing from you all so we can start our new adventures. We live in Scotland about four MLS from G retna green

Hi bigh i live in dumfries and as you know yourself we are gifted with some of the most beautiful scenery in the world,if you go out onto the beeftub there are a couple of large laybyes that a lot of mhers use for wild camping but all over the region there is places where you can wild camp,and appreciate what we have on our doorstep. best plan just pack up and head out find somewhere nice and park up:thumb:

Feb 9, 2008
SW Scotland
Funster No
MH
LP Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2008 after caravanning for 20 years
Hi and welcome to the site. I drove through Galloway forest park a couple of weeks ago and there are some good park up places towards Murray's Monument and also up near Glentrool. You don't have to travel far to have fun.

Rgds
Bill

staging lady

Free Member
Nov 12, 2007
North Wales in the Hills
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
6 years but caravan owner in past
Hi Bigh and welcome.:Smile:
Your name has some interesting memories for me as my girls had a teacher at primary school called BigH. We were all very fond of him.
Hope you enjoy your wild camping.
Lucille

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back